Casumo was a well-known online casino from Malta, and recently, they’ve entered the sports betting world. They’re fully licensed, fully legal, and an intriguing new option for Canadian bettors seeking a new operator. In this review and guide, we’re going to break down all the need-to-know details of Casumo in an unbiased way. We’re going to look at and rate everything from their bonuses and promotions to their sports coverage. Whether you’re a veteran gambler or just entering the gambling scene, this guide will provide you with all the information you need to form an opinion on Casumo. Ready? Let’s get to it.
- Bonus & Offers4.3
- Payout Speed4.3
- Sports Variety4.3
- Software & Games4.1
- Customer Support4.2
Casumo Top Features
- Bet Builder
- Virtuals Betting
- Numerous Markets
- Live Betting
Email and Live Chat
Live betting, boosted odds, bet builder, virtuals betting.
|License & regulation:|
Visa/Mastercard, Interac, Paysafecard, iDebit, ecoPayz
Visa/Mastercard, Interac, Paysafecard, iDebit, ecoPayz.
Casino app for Android, Mobile-optimized website
NetEnt, Microgaming, IGT
|Casino game types:|
Slots, Roulette, Poker, Blackjack.
|Owner: Casumo Services Ltd|
Casumo Strengths and Weaknesses
Try as you might; you’re likely never going to find the “perfect” sportsbook operator. That’s because it doesn’t exist! Every sportsbook has areas where they thrive and areas where they come up short. These strengths and weaknesses are what make them different from each other. Let’s take a look at some of the strengths and weaknesses of Casumo.
✔️ Casumo Strengths
- Big Welcome Bonus: While there are a variety of terms and conditions that slightly mitigate what bettors receive, an 100% matched deposit up to $500 is a massive welcome bonus that is near unheard of. This huge potential windfall can help bettors start their Casumo experience from ahead.
- Easy Sign Up Process: Signing up with operators normally isn’t difficult, but with Casumo, it is an even bigger breeze than normal. It is one of the fastest and most simplistic sign-up processes I’ve experienced and is extremely intuitive.
- Solid Sports Coverage: For the most part, with only a few glaring exceptions, the Casumo sports coverage is excellent. They have a large number of markets available for every game, they have great live betting, and they cover a significant number of sports, so bettors won’t struggle to find great options to engage with.
❌ Casumo Weaknesses
- Basic Interface: One issue that you may find with Casumo is that their interface is far from a standout feature. It is rather simplistic, with a plain white backdrop. While the website is intuitive and functions well, the design falls a little bit short of some competitors and is an area that could use some improvement.
- Lack of Prop Betting Options: Personally, prop bets are one of my favourite ways to bet. Not every operator offers player and game prop coverage, and Casumo is an operator that doesn’t provide player props for most sports. While they do offer some game props, it is a below-average amount, which may be disappointing to some bettors.
Like every other operator, Casumo is imperfect, but they still have a ton to offer. It all depends on what you’re looking for in a sportsbook. Casumo has numerous great strengths and other areas where they come up a bit short.
Casumo review by Cameron Kozinets
Casumo recently opened their sportsbook to Canadian bettors, and it is an exciting, fun, and easy-to-use operator. While it has its flaws, it is a worthwhile addition for any gambler, new or old. With fun wrinkles and great coverage, there’s a lot to like.
This review will cover a variety of different areas of Casumo, from my perspective. I’m an experienced sports bettor that has used countless different operators. However, at the end of the day, my opinions are my own, and it is subjective. What I think on one topic may not be what you will. With that in mind, let’s get into the nitty-gritty.
Casumo starts off strong for its users with a massive welcome package. A $500 matched deposit for sports bettors is a big deal, and even if the terms are a little restrictive, they’re not so bad that they take away from the immense value of this promotion.
The rest of Casumo bonuses for sports bettors are solid. Boosted parlays on live and pre-game matches are a fun wrinkle, and I like the enhanced odds they offer. The available offerings aren’t huge, but they are fun and easy to see value from.
I think the sports covered by Casumo are very solid. I typically bet Football, Basketball, and Hockey, and they have extensive offerings on each of these games and many more. I would say there are not many leagues or sports the typical Canadian will want but can’t access from Casumo.
Their markets are solid as well, with just about all the different markets I look for. However, they are noticeably short on player props, which is one of my favourite ways to gamble. Not having extensive player prop options does hold them back a little bit in my mind in this area, although they still have great overall market offerings.
Making a deposit and a withdrawal with Casumo is easy and fast. Their interface for these things, as well as the sign-up process, is one of the best I’ve seen. They have all the standard banking options I’d seek out and even some more niche offerings, so for e-wallet users, you’re likely to find what you’re looking for.
The customer support offerings on Casumo might honestly be their biggest flaw. They have an FAQ page, a LiveChat, and an email, although they don’t have a phone line. As well, it took a surprisingly long time to get a representative on the LiveChat, although they were friendly and helpful when they arrived.
The mobile options for Casumo also aren’t phenomenal. Their mobile-optimized website is very solid, although it doesn’t stand out from competitors. They don’t have an app for their sportsbook either. However, if you want to bet on the go, their website still offers that experience.
Overall, your opinion on Casumo will depend on what you’re looking for. I found it to be a good website with a lot of fun features and a massive welcome bonus that would entice me to join. While their customer support isn’t incredible, it is good enough that it isn’t an issue, and the rest of what they provide is very good. I would recommend Casumo to bettors regardless of their experience level.
Bonuses & Offers: ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Massive Welcome Bonus and numerous great sports promotions
Betting Variety: ⭐⭐⭐⭐
Great sports coverage, however lacking in prop betting options that would set them apart.
Banking Options: ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
All the standard options Canadian bettors would be looking for with a few additional ones.
Mobile experience: ⭐⭐⭐⭐
Only have a dedicated app for the casino, however, the mobile website is effective.
Payout Speed: ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
It took a few days to receive a payout, however, this is the typical industry standard.
The security on Casumo is excellent; they hold multiple licenses, one from the U.K and the other from Malta.
Software & Games: ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
They have the best-known games from the best-known providers, satisfying online casino fanatics.
Betting Experience: ⭐⭐⭐⭐
The website is easy to navigate; however, the design is a little plain and simplistic.
Customer Support: ⭐⭐⭐⭐
Although the lack of a phone line is a setback, their support team responds promptly and in a friendly manner.
Casumo Welcome Package 🎁
A welcome package is what sportsbooks use to incentivize bettors to join their sites rather than opposing operators. It is essentially a bonus/ reward that bettors receive for opening an account and depositing with an operator. Just about every sportsbook has them, and they can help gamblers start their betting with extra money in their pocket.
Casumo welcome package is a whopper, with a big-time offering you won’t find replicated almost anywhere else. Let’s take a look at Casumo welcome package and see if it lives up to the hype.
Casumo Welcome Bonus
100% Matched Deposit Up to $500
How to claim Casumo Welcome Bonus
- Create an Account with Casumo
- Make Your First Deposit of a Minimum $10 and Claim the Bonus within 7 Days of Your Registration.
- The Welcome Bonus Should Hit Your Account Immediately as Bonus Funds
- Place Qualifying Bets and Meet Rollover Rate to Be Eligible for Withdrawal. A time limit applies.
Casumo Welcome Bonus Terms and Conditions
If you want to know what a bonus is truly offering, looking at the terms and conditions is the best way to be sure.
Operators often stick on additional terms and conditions to limit the usage of the bonus and assure they’re not being taken advantage of. Often, these bonuses can heavily mitigate the value of what bettors receive from the promotion they’re using.
Casumo welcome bonus has some restrictive terms and conditions that make it quite difficult to get the money from the welcome package. It is far from impossible, though, and if you are a serious bettor that follows these terms, the bonus can still be a big boon to your account. Let’s peak beneath the hood and see what the Casumo welcome bonus’ terms and conditions are.
- Min Deposit of $10
- Max Matched Deposit of $500
- Must Claim Within 7 Days of Registration
- Max Winnings with Bonus Funds is $2,500
- Eligible Bets Must be made with odds of 1.6 or greater
- Players Must Place Eligible Bets, with a Wagering Amount 8x the Amount of their Deposit + the Matched Bonus within ten days before they can Withdraw the Bonus
Massive Casino Bonus
1st Deposit: 100% Matched Deposit up to $1,000, Min Deposit $20
2nd Deposit: 100% Matched Deposit up to $400, Min Deposit $20
3rd Deposit: 100% Matched Deposit up to $400, Min Deposit $20
15 Spins on Registration on 9 Masks of Fire Game
100 Free Spins split over first five days
This is an absolutely gigantic casino welcome bonus, the biggest I’ve ever seen. Bonus must be bet 30x within 183 days to be eligible for withdrawal.
Casumo Sports Bonuses and Promotions 🎁
We’ve given you some details on what the Welcome Package at Casumo offers, but what about the other bonuses? Most sportsbooks have different bonuses and promotions that they offer that cycle throughout the year.
These bonuses are constantly changing and are often tied into the big sporting events going on at the time. Since the bonuses are constantly rotating, make sure to consistently check up on the promotions page to see which new ones are on offer.
Once again, we remind you how important it is to look at the terms and conditions before engaging with a bonus. These terms and conditions can dramatically alter what you actually receive from the bonus you are engaging with.
Here are some of the different bonuses and promos Casumo currently has on offer:
- Boosted Odds: Casumo will provide enhanced odds for certain markets on a daily basis. It can be found under their Specials section.
- Up to 10% Profit Boost for Pre-Game Accumulator Bets: Boosted winnings for pre-game parlays. 5% for three-legged parlays, 7.5% for four-legged parlays, and 10% for five-legged and above parlays.
- Up to 10% Profit Boost for Live Combination Bets: Make a combo/parlay bet with two or more legs on a live event, and see winnings boosted 10%.
Sportsbooks aren’t the only part of an operator you can expect to find bonuses. There are also bonuses and promotions available for casino users that similarly can lead to fun new ways to gamble or help bettors earn additional money.
Casino bonuses can be a variety of different things, but most often, they’re free spins, where bettors are given free spins at a certain slot game, or VIP programs, where bettors receive points for placing bets in certain games, that can be then converted to real money.
Let’s look at the casino bonuses currently offered by Casumo:
- Winter Drop and Win: Playing certain games makes you eligible to spin and win the daily prize, earning your stake of a $9,000 daily giveaway
- Boosted Reel Race: By winning at certain slot games, you rise up the leaderboard and collect points. You can also earn special power-ups that will shoot you up the leaderboard. Whoever is in the top 10 on the leaderboard at the end of the week earns major cash prizes, up to $1,000.
Casumo Best Sports Features
A feature is a unique option that an operator provides their bettor. It can be a way to bet or some sort of wrinkle that adds something different to their experience.
Every operator is going to have different features, different areas where they try to specialize. Some operators don’t focus much on having unique features, while for others, providing a different experience is their biggest selling point.
Let’s take a look at the best sports features you can find with Casumo.
Casumo Live Betting 🌐
Live betting is when bettors get to bet on a game that is already underway. The odds change and evolve based on what is happening throughout the game, so bettors can either hedge their bets or go all in. Casumo offers extensive live betting coverage, with different live markets and even enhanced winnings on live parlays.
Casumo Boosted Odds
Boosted odds are when an operator takes a line and enhances it, making the odds more favourable to a bettor. It is a way for them to attract additional action on a certain line and a way for a bettor to earn some extra money if they believe the boosted odd will end up working for them.
Casumo Bet Builder
The bet builder feature is something that allows bettors to make parlay bets within one game. It allows them to bet multiple markets, such as the spread and total, and place a parlay bet that combines the odds. It isn’t available for every game on Casumo, but some games do have the bet builder option.
Casumo Sports Coverage
Sports coverage is a massively important part of what defines a bookmaker. At the end of the day, we use sports betting websites to bet on sports. Sports coverage refers to the various sports and leagues that an operator offers coverage of.
Casumo has extensive sports coverage, prioritizing the various sports and leagues that Canadian bettors enjoy. If you’re searching for a league or sport and Casumo doesn’t have it, chances are it is a niche option because they have all the mainstream markets.
They even have a good variety of niche betting options as well, including leagues that most bettors won’t be searching for, but certain gamblers are big fans of. Let’s take a look at Casumo sports coverage of some of the biggest sports in Canada.
Casumo Baseball ⚾
Baseball is one of Canada’s most popular sports and has been since even before the Blue Jays arrived. Casumo matches Canadians’ enthusiasm for the game by providing coverage of the MLB, Korean League, and Taiwanese league. They have extensive markets for each game, providing bettors with the options they’re searching for.
Casumo Basketball 🏀
Basketball is a global game that grew from Canada across the globe. To honour that global spirit of the sport, Casumo offers coverage of leagues around the world, including the NBA, Euroleague, Argentinian League, and more. They offer a variety of different markets for each game, from Moneyline to spread and more.
Casumo Football ⚽
Football is America’s most popular game, and that popularity has spread to the North. Canadians love football, and Casumo has odds on the NFL, NCAA, and CFL. For every game, you’ll find markets like Moneyline, total, spread, and even some props.
Casumo Hockey 🏒
Canadians are as hockey-hungry as any country in the world, rabid fans who love their game. Casumo knows providing good hockey coverage is a must, so they have odds on the NHL, KHL, AHL, and other worldwide leagues. There are also tons of markets like puck line, Moneyline, total, and more.
Casumo Soccer 🏈
Soccer is the world’s biggest game. It is a massive global sport with leagues just about everywhere on the planet, and Casumo covers many of them, from the Premier League and Bundesliga to more obscure leagues like the Algerian League.s
Casumo’ sponsorship deals
Casumo is the primary sponsor of Reading F.C, an English soccer team competing in the Championship, the second division of British soccer.
Casumo Betting Markets & Types of Bets Available
Now that we know a little bit more about the sports that are covered by Casumo, it is time to break down the betting markets and the types of bets they have on offer.
Betting markets and types of bets are the individual things you are betting on within a sport or game. Oddsmakers will create lines that are based on different events within a league or sporting event, and bettors choose to bet on the ones that most appeal to them.
Let’s take a quick look at the different betting markets, and types of bets Casumo offers on their sportsbook.
Casumo Betting Markets:
- Moneyline: A Moneyline bet is a bet on who will win the game. It is the simplest form of betting: a bet on a team on the Moneyline means you think they’ll win.
- Point Spread: Point spreads are a line oddsmakers come up with that they believe will be the score differential in favour of one team. Betters can choose to bet for the spread, meaning that the team will win by that differential or more, or against it, meaning the team won’t win by that differential.
- Total: A total is a line oddsmakers come up with that they believe will be the total amount of points/goals scored between both teams. Bettors can choose to bet the over, meaning the teams will combine for more points, or the under, meaning they’ll combine for less.
- Futures: Futures are a bet on something that is determined over a longer stretch of time than just one game. A futures bet is on something like who will win the Super Bowl, who will be MVP and other long-term league-wide bets.
- Game Props: A game prop is a bet on something within a game that may not be tied directly into the final outcome. Game props can include which team will score first, which team will have more points in the first quarter and other bets of that ilk.
Casumo Types of Bets Available
- Live Betting: Live betting is a bet placed on a game that is already underway. Websites that have live bets have algorithms that are constantly updating the odds based on what is happening in the game, so bettors can bet games as they happen.
- Parlay Bets: A parlay bet is when multiple different bets are tied together under the umbrella of one bet. If each part of the bet succeeds, the bet hits; if even one part doesn’t hit, the whole bet fails. The odds are boosted by combining multiple bets.
Casumo Mobile App 📱
For some sports bettors, a mobile app is of the utmost importance. A mobile app provides an easy, on-the-go betting experience, where you don’t need your computer to hammer some big winners. It allows you to stay connected to your favourite operator through your phone.
However, the amount of operators that actually have an app available for Canadians is very few. There are only a limited amount of Canadian sports betting apps on the market, and Casumo is not one of the operators that provide them.
While they do have a casino app that is highly rated, Casumo hasn’t established itself in the sports betting app sphere. They do, however, have a mobile-optimized website.
This website brings the Casumo experience to your phone. It is easy to use, looks good on a smartphone, and will give you a very similar benefit to an app.
The Casumo mobile-optimized website can be saved to your phone for easy access and has all the same sports betting features that the operator provides. You can place bets on the entirety of Casumo markets, and depositing and withdrawing can still be done.
The Casumo mobile-optimized website is a solid solution for someone looking to enjoy betting from their phone.
Mobile app’s promotions
Because Casumo doesn’t have a dedicated mobile app for their sportsbook, there are no promotions specifically for mobile apps available.
Now that we’ve learned a little more about the different markets and sports covered by Casumo, you’re probably feeling ready to make a deposit.
Banking with Casumo is easy and fast. I found the overall experience to be a good one, as the money I deposited hit my account right away, and the withdrawals took the standard amount of time you’d expect from an online sportsbook.
When I withdraw and deposit, I typically use either Interac or Visa because I’ve always found it to be the most straightforward way to bank. If you use alternative payment methods like ecoPayz or iDebit, there are plenty of options available with Casumo, and there is even Apple Pay, which isn’t too common amongst operators.
The minimum deposit was $10, so I just deposited that much, and the money hit my account right away. When I withdrew my money, it took several days to reach my account. However, if you use an e-wallet for your account, you’ll receive your money much quicker, often within minutes.
I found banking with Casumo to be easy, quick, and effective, and I would say that regardless of your experience as a bettor, you won’t struggle with Casumo banking.
Is Casumo legal in Canada?
We’ve talked a little about banking with Casumo, but before you ever deposit with an operator, there are two things you should make sure of. Is the sportsbook legal where you are? And is the sportsbook a safe and secure operator?
In the case of Casumo, the answer to both questions is a big YES. At BettingTop10, we only review and recommend sportsbooks that are legal and safe to use, with security that puts the customer first.
For starters, Casumo is entirely legal under Canadian Gaming Laws across the country, as are most online operators. It is always important to double-check, but Casumo is definitely legal for Canadians and tailors their services to the Canadian bettor.
Casumo is also safe to use. They have two different licenses, one by the Malta Gaming Authority and the other by the U.K Gaming Commission. Both of these regulatory bodies have strict standards and oversight, and they are there to make sure that operators aren’t taking advantage of their customers.
Casumo has also stated that they are committed to protecting customers’ data, and their track record reflects this.
You can feel comfortable betting with Casumo, as they are both legal and safe.
Casumo customer support
Running into a technological problem or any other kind of issue while using an online sportsbook is a common occurrence. No website is perfect, and there definitely may come a time where you find you need some help.
In these situations, it is critical that you have a customer support team that you can get in touch with. A strong customer support staff makes all the difference in the world, as they can walk you through a solution to your problem.
Casumo customer support options are solid in some areas but lacking in one key one.
They have an FAQ page, which includes answers to many of the different questions customers may want to be answered. They also have an email option, where you can get in touch with someone via email and explain your problem. Within 24 hours, you’ll hear back from the support team with advice or a solution.
There is also a LiveChat option. This is a chatbox feature that lets you get in touch with a customer support team member much more promptly. When I selected this option, as I’d prefer not to wait, the first thing that happens is you’re greeted by a bot. You then type your message and wait. It took over 10 minutes for someone to get back to me, longer than I expected, but they were friendly and helpful.
The biggest issue I have with Casumo customer support is they don’t have a call line. I’ve always found that the most efficient way to get in touch with a company, and they don’t provide me with that option.
Overall, the Casumo support is a little disappointing. While I still got in touch with a helpful staff member, it took longer than I would’ve hoped, and they don’t have the extensive options I’d want.
Casumo How to Intro 🔎
Figuring out a new operator straight away isn’t always an easy task. It takes time and effort, and if you don’t have experience with online sportsbooks, it can be confusing. Luckily, we’ve got you covered with a quick guide that will provide you with all the key info you need to get started on the right foot with Casumo.
How to open an account on Casumo
The sign-up process on Casumo is not an overly difficult one. I would say one of the best features of Casumo is that its sign-up process is intuitive and fast. There is one page that you are on that cycles through. It is a process where they only ask you for one piece of information at a time, and they are the standard questions you’d expect for account creation. Overall, there are 12 things you have to input
Let’s take a look at how to create an account for Casumo.
- Step One: Head to Casumo.com and click Sign-Up
- Step Two: Enter your Email, Password, and Phone Number
- Step Three: Enter your Username, Full Name, Postal Code
- Step Four: Input Your House Number and Date of Birth. Agree to the Terms and Conditions, and You Should be Good to Go.
- Step Five: Start Betting!
How to place a bet
Now that you know all the details about the sports markets and the coverage, you’re probably feeling ready to start hammering some big-time bets. Placing bets with Casumo is easy and fast and very much the same as placing a bet with other operators. If you’re unfamiliar, no worries. Here’s how to place a bet with Casumo.
- Step One: Head to Casumo.com
- Step Two: Find the Sport You Want to Bet. The Lives Sports are Shown on the Homepage, and there is an A-Z Page with all the Sports Markets Available.
- Step Three: Click on the Sport You Want to Bet, then Click on the Game You Want to Bet.
- Step Four: Click on the Market Within the Game, and a Bet Slip will Pop Up
- Step Five: Input How Much You are Willing to Bet and Click Place Bet.
- Step Six: Enjoy the Game!
How to Contact Customer Support Through LiveChat
If you’re in need of customer support with Casumo, the most immediate pathway to getting in touch with someone is through their LiveChat feature. This helps you talk to a representative almost instantly. Here’s how you can go about getting in touch with someone via LiveChat.
- Step One: Head to Casumo.com
- Step Two: Click on the Speech Icon on the Bottom Right Corner of the Screen
- Step Three: Click Start a Conversation. A Bot will Greet You with an Auto-Message
- Step Four: Type Your Inquiry. Wait a Few Minutes, and Eventually, You’ll Be Greeted by a Real Person and Can Get the Answers You Need
Frequently asked questions about Casumo
Since Casumo is a bookmaker that has just entered the Canadian market recently as a sportsbook, people may have some questions about them. That is perfectly understandable. Getting to know a bookmaker before you bet with them is the safest practice. Here are some of the questions that seem to pop up most with Casumo.
❔ What is the Bet Builder Feature?
Bet Builder is a feature that allows you to combine bets into a single boosted bet within a game. It is essentially a parlay with markets tied only to one event. This feature isn’t available everywhere on Casumo but is for some sections.
❔ What is Virtuals Betting?
Virtuals bets are the newest form of betting to come to Casumo. They are bets on games that aren’t real, so computer-simulated versions of sporting events like soccer games or horse races, where bettors can place bets as if they were real.
❔ Can I Change the Odds Style with Casumo?
Yes! Casumo allows you to cycle through different odds styles, so you can see Fractional, Decimal, or American odds, depending on your preferences.
❔ What is the Pre-Match Stat Window?
For some sporting events, Casumo will display pre-match statistics that provide insights into the two teams playing. They’ll show the results of their previous games and head-to-head matchups, so you have a better understanding of the form the teams are in.
- Betting Sites
- Sportsbook Reviews Canada
- Casumo Review