- Bonus & Offers4.4
- Payout Speed4.3
- Sports Variety4.5
- Software & Games4.4
- Customer Support4.3
10bet Top Features
- Variety of Promotions
- Great Live Betting
- Virtual Games
- Mobile App
- Intuitive Layout
- Solid Promotion Offerings
- Large Virtual Section
- Huge Welcome Bonus
- Wagering Requirements on Welcome Bonus
- Lack of Player Props
- No Live Streaming
10bet Canada Review
What everyone looks for in an operator is different. Each of us values different aspects of an operator, from their markets to their mobile options. This review will give you an unbiased, expansive breakdown of all aspects of the 10bet betting site, from the perspective of me, a long-time sports bettor. We’ll be looking at 10bet promotions, their markets and sports coverage, and much more. Remember, everyone wants something different, and this is coming from my perspective, so it is subjective. I will be providing information and data that will help you decide if 10bet is the type of operator you’d like to bet with, so let’s get into it!
10bet Quick Info
24/7 Live Chat, Email, Phone Line
|License & regulation:|
Regulated by the Malta Gaming Authority,
Licence Number MGA/B2C/331/2016
Big Time Gaming, Microgaming, NetEnt
Official gambling partner of Juventus
Dragonara Business Centre, 5th Floor, Dragonara Road, St. Julians STJ3141, Malta
Credit/Debit, Interac, Paysafecard
Live betting, Cashout, Virtual games, Numerous promotions
App Available for iOS and Android
|Casino Game Types:|
Slots, Poker, Blackjack, Roulette
Operated by Ocean Star Limited
10bet Strengths & Weaknesses
No operator is perfect, and each has areas where they thrive, and where they fall behind the pack. Let’s take a look at how 10bet fares with its strengths and weaknesses.
✔️ 10bet Strengths
- Intuitive Layout: 10bet website looks very good. This is an area that I prioritize, as it just improves the overall experience significantly. 10bet website has a great colour scheme, and its graphics make everything easy to comprehend.
- Solid Promotion Offerings: Promotions are a fun way to keep bettors engaged, and 10bet has these in abundance. They have a variety of different promotions that are specific to different sports, which will allow bettors to explore different markets with some extra incentives. Their offerings also change consistently, giving bettors solid variety.
- Huge Welcome Bonus: Typically, an operator will provide a welcome bonus in the $100-$200 range. This is still a fine bonus, but 10bet rises above the average by having a welcome bonus with a matched deposit of up to $300. This allows new customers to start betting with 10bet with potentially some extra money in their pockets.
❌ 10bet Weaknesses
- Wagering Requirements on Welcome Bonus: Like every operator out there, 10bet sets rather restrictive wagering requirements on their welcome bonus. These make it quite difficult to withdraw the money from the matched deposit. This is par for the course though, as without something like this in place, people would take advantage of the free money without any upside for the operator.
- Lack of Player Props: Player props are one of my favourite markets to bet on, particularly in sports like the NBA which are very player-centric. However, I couldn’t find any way to bet on this market type on the NBA, which is disappointing. Not all operators have extensive player prop offerings, but it is something I typically look for.
- No Live Streaming: Live streaming is a fun feature that several big operators provide. It allows bettors to watch the sporting events they are betting on. 10bet does not offer a live streaming feature, so there is no way to watch sporting events on its website.
10bet has certain areas where they provide excellent value for bettors. They also have a few areas where they are slightly lacking. Depending on what you prioritize in your operators, 10bet may surpass your expectations, or underwhelm
Would you like to read more reviews? Click here for more Canadian Sportsbooks reviews
10bet review by Cameron Kozinets
10bet is a website that has been operating around the world for almost 20 years now, and it is a widely recognized name within the industry. Personally, I’d never spent too much time on it before, and I found it to be a largely enjoyable website that compensates for its few flaws with a couple of really strong areas.
When it comes to sportsbooks, it is always a matter of preference on what makes a sportsbook great. There’s no real way to say that anyone sportsbook is better than any other because it just comes down to what you’re looking for. Still, I think most gamblers would find 10bet a great option for them.
10bet has a welcome package that is much more generous than the average. With the bonus code mentioned in that section, bettors can receive a matched deposit of up to $300, which is a significant amount more than average. The terms and conditions for actually getting this bonus into your account are a bit restrictive, but not as bad as some competitors, and the bonus hits your account right away, so you can bet with house money early.
The other bonuses provided by 10bet are very solid as well. They have a high-quality rotation of different bonuses which make for fun ways to bet. I liked that they have different bonuses for different sports and that they have bonuses going on for big sporting events like the NBA Finals to try and attract action.
I found the number of sports offered by 10bet to be great. I’m someone who only bets on the major North American sports and leagues, and they of course provided odds for those. But they also had a massive collection of different leagues and sports that will satisfy fans of even the most niche sports and teams.
The one area where 10bet fell short of my expectations was their market offerings. I love player props, it is one of my most commonly used markets, and they sorely lacked those in most major sports. Still, if you’re not someone who cares about player props, they have all the standard markets, although their game props are slightly below average as well.
Banking with 10bet was simple for me, but that is because I only use Interac and Visa as my two payment methods. 10bet banking is fast, but their supply of payment methods is a little bit limited. If you’re looking for an operator who is going to give you a huge variety of alternative banking options, that is not an area where 10bet is strong.
Their customer support, however, is an area where 10bet shines. They have three different customer service pathways, with a live chat, an email, and a phone line. Their live chat was really effective, fast, and easy to use. It took no time at all for me to get in touch with a friendly representative.
I also really enjoyed using 10bet mobile app. I think a mobile app is important for an operator to have, as it is a more customized and convenient experience than a mobile-compatible website. The 10bet app looks great, is easy to use, and brings me the same enjoyable experience as the website.
Overall, I really enjoyed using 10bet. The area where I thought they stood out most was how clean and easy to use the website was. It looked great, and the graphics and interface were all awesome. Along with a mobile app, strong customer service, and a huge supply of different sports and leagues, I’d highly recommend bettors looking for a new operator to engage with to head over to 10bet and see for themselves.
Bonuses & Offers ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
A variety of great bonuses available in many different sports
Betting Variety ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
A lot of markets covered, however, missing some of the truly extensive options
Banking Options ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
All the basic deposit/withdrawal options available, missing some niche ones though
Mobile experience ⭐⭐⭐⭐
10bet has a great app available for iPhone and Android
Payout Speed ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
10bet payout speed is pretty typical for an operator, with a few day’s wait the average
10bet has great security that protects users. They have 128-bit SSL encryption and a firewall that protects customers
Software & Games ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
10bet has games from many of the top software providers in the industry
Betting Experience ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
10bet has an excellent-looking website. However, they don’t have as many fun ways to bet as some competitors
Customer Support ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
With a phone line, live chat, and email available, all the support options one could want are there
10bet Welcome Bonus
To draw in new customers, operators provide a Welcome Package to entice new bettors to sign up with them. These packages are only for those who’ve never created an account with the operator in the past. Typically, a Welcome Bonus will be a matched deposit, although there are sometimes Free Bets or other methods. Let’s dive into the 10bet Welcome Bonus.
10bet Welcome Bonus:
How to claim 10bet Welcome Bonus
- Step One: Open an account with 10bet
- Step Two: Deposit a Minimum of $15 using any payment method except Skrill or Neteller, with a matched deposit of up to $300
- Step Three: Input the Bonus Code CA300 before depositing
- Step Four: The Bonus will hit the account right away.
- Step Five: Amount deposited (up to $300) must be wagered 5x with single bets of odds of 1.8, or combo bets with each selection having odds of 1.4 or greater to make bonus eligible for withdrawal
10bet Welcome Bonus Terms and Conditions
- Minimum Deposit of $15, maximum matched deposit of $300
- Deposits with Skrill and Neteller aren’t eligible for the bonus
- Bonus must be wagered 5x over, on single bets with odds of 1.8 or higher, or combo bets where each aspect has odds of 1.4 or more
- Over/Under bets, Cashouts, System bets, and Draw No Bets all don’t count towards wagering requirements
- Requirements must be met within 30 days of the first deposit
Casino Welcome Bonus
The 10bet Casino Welcome Bonus is:
100% Matched Deposit up to $300 along with 25 Free Spins of Gordon Ramsay Hell’s Kitchen Slot Machine
- Terms and Conditions:
- Minimum deposit of $15
- Must use code Welcome300 when depositing
- Skrill and Neteller deposits not eligible
- The amount deposited must be wagered 40x over on eligible games for it to be withdrawn
- Requirements must be met within 15 days
10bet sports bonuses and promotions
We’ve begun to dive into the details about what 10bet offers their users, but there is still much more to know. Welcome Packages aren’t the only bonuses that sportsbooks provide, and 10bet has a bevy of promotions that they offer users.
10bet offers many promotions, but keep in mind that looking at the terms and conditions of bonuses and promotions is vital. Oftentimes sportsbooks will attach intensive terms and conditions that make seeing the benefits from the promotion difficult. Peaking beneath the surface is key to knowing what you’re actually getting with promos and bonuses.
With that in mind, let’s take a look at some of the promos and bonuses provided by 10bet:
- $5 Free Bet if NBA Finals Game has 20+ Three-Pointers
- $20 Free Bet for any $50+ Bet on a three-legged parlay
- Up to 50% winnings boost on any Acca with 3+ legs
- $5 Free Bet on if there’s a Hole in One
Overall, I think the sports promotions provided by 10bet are very solid. I like that they have different promotions for different sports, which incentivizes bettors to branch out a little. Also, all the promotions are very timely and up-to-date with the big events going on in the sports world.
Bonuses and promotions don’t just end with sportsbooks either. Since most operators serve as both sportsbooks and online casinos, there are promotions and bonuses available for casino bettors as well.
There are many different types of casino bonuses. There are free bets, which allow you to make cost-free bets on certain games and keep the winnings. There are free spins that allow you to take free spins at the virtual slot machines. There are member programs that allow you to collect points by playing games, and the points can be exchanged for cash. Here are some of the different casino bonuses offered by 10bet:
- 50 Free Spins for Playing $100+ on Codex of Fortune
- 50% Matched Casino Deposit Bonus up to $200 For Certain Time
- Win Up to $5,000 by qualifying for leaderboard in slot tournaments, with a total of $4,000,000 being handed out
Frequently asked questions about 10bet
All new users are initially tentative about starting with new operators. There is much to know about 10bet, so here are some questions that seem to come up often when talking about this operator.
❔ Is 10bet Safe to Use?
This is something bettors tend to be concerned about before banking with an operator. 10Bet offers top-of-the-line security, with 128-bit Secure Socket Layer encryption, as well as a protective firewall, and an auto-timeout feature. These are all geared towards protecting data and ensuring customers’ safety, making 10bet very safe.
❔ What is 10bet Virtual Section?
10bet Virtual section features simulated games that bettors can choose to engage with. They are simulations of different sports, including soccer or racing, that offer that same gambling rush, just from a not real game.
❔ What are 10bet Enhanced Odds?
Enhanced odds are when 10bet takes odds and boosts them to make them more favourable to gamblers. This inspires bettors to engage with these odds more and can give bettors a nice boost of money. 10bet is providing enhanced odds in different markets every day.
❔ What is 10bet Live Casino?
The Live Casino is a casino that allows bettors to play different casino games, such as blackjack, poker, and roulette, with other gamblers. It is all live, so bettors can join if a certain game or tournament is going on with available spots, and bettors can bet real money against other players.
10bet best sports features
If you’re looking to bet with an operator, unique features that pull you in are a must. A feature is an aspect of a sportsbook that sets them apart. It could be a different way they do things, a specific type of bonus they provide, a market that they specialize in, or any other unique selling point that makes for a fun way to bet.
Every operator has different features that make them different from the rest. Knowing what they are can help you find a gambling operator that specializes in the types of features that appeal to you.
Let’s take a look at some of the features that make 10bet unique.
10bet Enhanced Odds
10bet provides boosted odds for certain events. Not only are their original odds slightly more bettor-friendly than industry competitors, but they also provide users with certain boosted odds every day. That means that users can find certain odds that 10bet has chosen to make more slanted in favour of higher payouts if they hit.
10bet Live Betting
10bet has a very solid live betting feature. While most operators do have live betting, 10bet has a live betting page that is very comprehensive and has many fun live markets bettors can engage with. Live betting allows bettors to place bets on games that are already underway with shifting odds, which is a great way to profit off the highs and lows that come throughout a game.
10bet Virtual Games
Virtual games are perfect for that time of year when your favourite leagues are off, and your sports offerings are running low. Virtual games are entirely simulated games, that bettors can watch and bet on. 10bet has extensive virtual games features with several different virtual sports to bet on. These games provide the same betting rush, but the games are entirely virtual.
10bet offers many different sports promotions for users to engage with. While most operators do provide sports promotions, 10bet has a significant amount available, and they are constantly adding and removing promotions based on what is going on in the sports world. There are lots of boosted parlay promotions and many free bet promotions that can add a fun additional element for gamblers.
10bet Sports Coverage
For the majority of sports bettors, what matters most is the actual sports offerings. 10bet does not come up short here, as they have a huge selection of different sports available, ranging from standard fare to more niche offerings.
I would say that the amount of sports 10bet has available is slightly more than what the typical operator has available. They also cover just about every league that a Canadian sports bettor would typically want to engage with, and many that most Canadian bettors have likely never even heard of.
Whether you’re a hockey fan, a basketball fan, or even a Gaelic hurling fan, chances are 10bet will have odds available in the league you are interested in. Let’s explore the different sports available to 10bet users.
10bet Baseball ⚾
Baseball is a sport that Canadians have loved since long before the Blue Jays arrived in Canada, and 10bet has many offerings available to Canadian fans. Bettors can bet on the Japanese league and Olympic baseball, but most bettors will want to be engaging with the MLB. 10bet has a variety of MLB options, including Moneyline, Totals, Spreads, and Futures. There are no player props offered, however.
10bet Basketball 🏀
Basketball has become a globally popular sport, and it has found its way into the hearts of Canadians. 10bet has many basketball betting options to satisfy Canadian fans. 10bet covers a huge variety of leagues, from Lebanon to Argentina, but most fans will be betting on the NBA. There, bettors can find Moneyline bets, Spreads, Totals, and Futures. There are some game props available, but no player props within single games, only player futures.
10bet Hockey 🏒
Canada’s game is called that for a reason, and Canadians love betting on hockey. Bettors who are looking to engage with 10bet hockey offerings will have a lot to choose from. They cover a variety of leagues, including Finnish and Swedish, and of course the NHL. Bettors can bet Moneyline, Puckline, Totals, and Futures. There are also some game props, but once again, no player props.
10bet American Football 🏈
American Football is the sport that attracts the most viewers in Canada and the U.S, and it also attracts a ton of betting action. 10bet features coverage of the NFL betting, CFL, and the NCAA. They have odds available for Moneyline, Totals, Spreads, Futures, and some game props. It appears they still lack player props in this market, which is especially disappointing because NFL player props are a very commonly bet on market.
10bet Tennis 🎾
Tennis is a sport that many Canadians love, and with so many young talented Canadian tennis players, the sport is only growing. If you’re someone who enjoys betting on this market, 10bet has a ton of great options for you. They cover every major tennis event and most minor tennis events around the world. They have Moneyline, Over/Under, and a variety of Game Prop markets available for bettors.
10bet sponsorship deals
10bet is the official gambling partner of Juventus. They have sponsored two different EFL Championship clubs, the Blackburn Rovers and the West Bromwich Albion.
10bet Betting Markets & Types of Bets Available
We’ve talked about the sports and leagues that 10bet offers betting coverage of, but let’s dive a little bit more into the markets and types of bets they have available.
A market is a way of betting. There are more different markets than could be named, but each market bets on a different aspect of a game, or is a unique way to place a bet.
Every betting website will typically have odds in different markets, and no operators will have the same markets available. Let’s dive into the different betting markets available on 10bet, with a brief explanation of what they are.
10bet Betting Markets
- Moneyline: Moneyline betting is the simplest form of betting there is. When someone bets a team on the Moneyline, that just means they are picking that team to win the game, regardless of score differential or any other factors.
- Total: The total is a bet on the total amount of points or goals to be scored in a game. Oddsmakers will create a line, where they project the total for the game, and bettors can choose to bet the over or under, meaning that there will be more or fewer points/goals/runs than the total.
- Spread: A spread is a differential that oddsmakers believe one team will win by. In a basketball or football game, for example, there may be a line of -4.5 for one team. Then, bettors will bet either for or against the spread. That means that they bet that the team favoured by 4.5 points will cover, meaning they will win by 5 or more points, or they won’t, meaning they will win by 4 or fewer points, or lose.
- Game Props: Game props are bets on different aspects of the game. If that sounds broad, it’s because it is. There are a ton of different game prop bets, like will a team score 3+ goals, will a team hit at least 15 3-pointers, how many sets will a tennis player win, etc. There are more props than anyone could name. 10bet is relatively limited in their props compared to competitors, but even still, they cover a huge variety of prop offerings.
- Futures: Futures are bets on aspects of a sport that aren’t determined by the result of a single game. For example, a futures bet would be on who will win the Super Bowl, who will be the MVP of a league, who will win the Masters and other similarly long-term bets.
10bet Types of Bets Available
- Parlays: Parlays are a type of bet that puts multiple different bets under the umbrella of one single bet. It increases the odds higher than they would be if each aspect of the bet was bet on individually. For a parlay to hit though, every aspect of the bet has to hit. So if you bet a four-legged parlay, and three parts of it are right, and one is wrong, the bet still doesn’t hit.
- Live Betting: Live betting is betting on a sporting event that is already underway. Live betting odds are constantly changing based on what is happening within the game. Live betting is a great way to engage with a game you are watching, and it is an area where 10bet specializes.
- Enhanced Odds: Enhanced odds are odds that are boosted by the operator to be more favourable to the bettor. Sportsbooks like 10bet will take certain odds every day and make them have a higher payout, to attract more bettor action.
10bet Mobile App
For many bettors, having a mobile app is something they prioritize. A mobile betting app allows you to bet on the go, and enjoy your favourite operator with a customized mobile experience from wherever you are. However, most operators don’t have a mobile app available in Canada, as there are only a select few that do.
Luckily for those who are fans of 10bet, 10bet Is one of the sportsbooks that does have an app, and they have a good one at that.
10bet has a mobile app available for the Android Play Store and the App Store for iOS. I personally use an iPhone, so I headed to the app store to download 10bet and log in to my account. The whole process took around three minutes, and once I was logged in, I had a mobile-optimized version of the website at my disposal.
Betting on the app was super easy. It just takes a couple of taps of the finger, and you can place bets on the same odds listed on the website.
Overall, the experience is very similar to the one on the website. 10bet is known for its high-quality design, and that translates extremely well to the mobile app. I thought the app looked great on my phone, and I found using the app was just as easy as using the website.
Mobile app’s promotions
There are no promotions for using the 10bet mobile app, but you still have access to all 10bet regular promotions.
10bet Banking Options
Once you’ve opened an account, you’re probably going to want to fund it to fire off some big-time bets. To do that, you’re going to need to bank with the operator that you’re using. Every operator accepts different payment methods, with different payout speeds and processes.
10bet has a very standard banking system. Their payout speeds are very comparable to the industry average. However, their amount of payment methods is very slim pickings. If you’re someone who uses alternative banking methods, you might have a hard time with 10bet.
Personally, I’m someone who only ever uses the extremely standard payment methods, like Interac or Debit (Visa/Mastercard), and almost every operator available to Canadians accepts these methods.
With 10bet, I deposited using my Visa debit card, and the whole process was very easy and fast. The information they required was just the basics (name, card number, security code, expiry date), and the deposit hit my account just about instantly.
The deposit minimum for Interac and Card is $15, and the only accepted deposit methods that showed up for me were Interac, Visa/Mastercard, Paysafecard, and MuchBetter. However, on their website, 10bet lists several other payment methods as accepted means of transaction.
Overall, because I am someone who doesn’t prioritize having a lot of payment methods as an important factor in my sportsbook, I found 10bet banking to be solid. However, if you’re someone who emphasizes banking options, you may not like the lack of selection for Canadian users.
Is 10bet legal in Canada?
When you are putting your time, information, and money into an operator, you better be sure that it can be trusted. Are they legitimate organizations? Will they protect your data and keep your money safe? Will they pay you the money you’ve earned with your winnings?
10bet is a longstanding organization that has almost 20 years of online sports betting experience. They have a Malta license, a British license, a Swedish license, and an Irish license. They are a regulated business that has a very solid reputation as a bookmaker that can be trusted.
They use 128-bit SSL encryption to protect the data of their customers, and they have a firewall that protects the company from any potential hackers. They also have an auto-log-out feature that protects you if you leave your account exposed. They are a company that prioritizes safety for their customers.
10bet is legal to use in Canada. They are a fully regulated and legit company that Canadian customers can feel comfortable using. At BettingTop10, we only recommend websites that are legal and established, with a reputation as a safe place for Canadian customers. With that in mind, we would recommend 10bet as a safe sportsbook for Canadian users.
10bets’s customer support
When you are using an operator, you may run into trouble at some point. Whether it’s a technical difficulty or problems with banking, these things do happen. When they do, the sportsbook you are using must have top-quality customer service options.
There are a variety of different pathways someone who is dealing with issues on 10bet can take. For one, they have a support email, where you can ask them questions, and they will get back to you within 24 hours. That email address is [email protected].
As well, they have a 24/7 phone line, where you can get in touch with a representative of 10bet. The phone number for that is +1 613-366-3908.
There is also a 24/7 Live Chat available if you are logged into your account. This is the method that I chose to use because this seemed to be the one that 10bet most recommended. When I clicked the Live Chat, within 20 seconds, I was connected to a friendly customer service representative. They were easy to talk to and responded to all my questions instantly in a way that was simple to understand.
The one thing missing from 10bet customer service was an FAQ page, but I found that their other options more than compensated for that. Most operators do not offer users a Live Chat, support email, and 24/7 phone line, so having all those options available to me made solving any issues extremely simple
10bet 'How to' Guide
There can be a lot of confusion when starting with a new operator. Every sportsbook works differently, so re-learning everything on a new site can be a hassle. Luckily, we’ve got you covered with a detailed guide on how to do some of the most important things on 10bet, from opening an account to placing a bet.
How to open an account on 10bet?
Opening an account with 10bet is a quick and hassle-free process. 10bet website is so clean and easy to navigate, and everything looks great and self-explanatory. Even if you’ve never created an account with an operator before, you’ll have a very simple time with 10bet.
10bet makes you go through a couple of pages, filling in key information to create an account. They mention that they protect all data using 128-bit SSL encryption, which is good to know.
Let’s take a step-by-step look at how to create an account with 10bet.
- Step One: Visit 10bet.com and select Join Now
- Step Two: Fill in Name, Date of Birth, and email
- Step Three: Fill in Contact Info. This includes Address, Phone Number, and Country/City of residence
- Step Four: Fill in Account Info. This includes username, password, currency, and betting limits. Then click Create My Account
- Step Five: Verify account in email, deposit money, and input the code to receive Welcome Bonus
- Step Six: Start your gambling journey!
How to place a bet?
Now that we’ve explained to you about the sports covered, and what each market is within the sports, you’re probably ready to start placing some bets.
Placing a bet with 10bet is quite easy, and if you’ve used other sportsbooks in the past, very self-explanatory. If you haven’t used a sportsbook before, don’t worry! We’ve got you covered with a quick step-by-step guide on how to place a bet with 10bet.
- Step One: Visit 10bet.com, and browse their sports offerings to find the game/league you want to bet
- Step Two: Once you’ve found the game or league you want to bet on, find the market by either clicking on the game or going to the outright section
- Step Three: Once you’ve found the market, click on the odds to open the bet slip
- Step Four: Input the amount you want to bet on the odds, and you’ll see your potential earnings
- Step Five: If you’re confident, click Place bets, and enjoy being in on the action
How to Claim a Bonus
Bonuses and promotions are a big part of the user experience with betting websites. They can enhance your experience by giving you some fun new ways to bet, and they can also help you get your hands on some extra money.
Here’s a breakdown of how you can take advantage of the promotions available on 10bet.
- Step One: Visit 10bet.com, and click the Promotions tab beneath the logo on the left
- Step Two: Click on the Sports tab to see the collection of sports betting promotions
- Step Three: Browse the sports bonus offerings until you find one you want to engage with
- Step Four: Click on the Learn More section on the Bonus you want to engage with
- Step Five: Read the Terms and Conditions! This is essential. Every bonus will have terms and conditions that will change the value they provide. These reveal what the bonus is really offering.
- Step Six: if you still want to use the promotion, follow the instructions in the Learn More section. These will give you a breakdown of what to do, as each bonus has different instructions