TonyBet is an operator that has been around in various forms for some years but recently arrived in Canada. They’re a large sportsbook and online casino that covers many sports, with a variety of markets in each one. They’re known for their solid live offerings and VIP program, although there are certain areas TonyBet comes up short. This review will cover everything you need to know about this rising operator, from their markets to their promotions, and ultimately, help you make the decision on whether they’re worth your time. Ready? Let’s get into it.
- Bonus & Offers4.6
- Payout Speed4.6
- Sports Variety4.6
- Software & Games4.6
- Customer Support4.6
- User-Friendly Site
- Extensive Live Betting
- Great Markets Available
- Accepts cryptocurrencies
- Deposit with Interac e-Transfer
- A ton of markets for each game
- Live betting and Large casino
- VIP program
- Website design doesn’t stand out
- Difficult to navigate
- Lack of fun betting twists
- Limited player props
TonyBet Canada Review
TonyBet Basic Info
Email, Help Request Form, Chat Line
|License & regulation:|
Incorporated in Estonia with registration code 12103082
Bedford House, Fulham St, London, U.K
Visa/MasterCard, Interac, Skrill, Neteller, Cryptocurrency
Live Betting, Live Casino, VIP Program
Doesn’t have a dedicated mobile app
|Casino Game Types:|
Slots, Roulette, Poker, Blackjack
TonyBet Strengths and Weaknesses
Every operator has areas where they shine and others where they fall short. TonyBet is no different, so let’s take a look at some of the critical strengths and weaknesses of this sportsbook and casino.
✔️ TonyBet Strengths
- Live Betting: TonyBet has an expansive live betting page that has odds that are constantly updating for just about every sporting event that is going on at any given time. It’s easy to use and gives bettors entertainment for any time they are trying to get in on the action.
- VIP Program: VIP programs are a ton of fun, as they allow you to gain points and prizes for every bet you make. Most websites only offer a VIP program for their casino options, but TonyBet has one for sports betting as well. This will give bettors some extra money to play around with the more they bet.
- Numerous Markets: Having a lot of different markets to bet on is one of the primary things most people, myself included, seek out in an operator. While TonyBet isn’t perfect in this department (we’ll get to that later), they’re still really good. They cover just about every sport you could think of and most major leagues. If you’re trying to bet on a specific game, chances are, it’s available at TonyBet.
❌ TonyBet Weaknesses
- Limited Player Props: Remember how I said TonyBet lacked in some areas? Player props are one of them. Compared to some of their competitors, they have an intensely limited selection of player props for most sports, and for many others, they don’t have them at all. Player props are a fun and popular way to bet, so not having a great selection is a bit of a disappointment.
- Lack of Fun Betting Twists: TonyBet has a lot of the basic options you’d want in an operator. However, they fail to deliver some of the fun betting twists that their competitors provide. There really isn’t a whole lot of fun, inventive ways to bet on TonyBet, which is something many gamblers typically prioritize.
- Bland Website: TonyBet website is very simplistic and not exciting visually. If you are someone who cares a lot about the design of your gambling website, you may find TonyBet lacking. It is a little cluttered, slightly difficult to navigate, and not particularly eye-catching.
TonyBet has its upsides and its downsides, and it’s up to you to figure out which ones are more important to you. There’s tons of great stuff to find on TonyBet and some features you might find lacking.
TonyBet review by Cameron Kozinets
TonyBet is a website that was unfamiliar to me until relatively recently. It isn’t as popular as some major competitors yet, but it definitely has the potential to grow. My experience with it was solid, although there are some areas that I felt were not up to what I would look for.
The welcome package of TonyBet is solid. They have recently improved their welcome package now that they are involved with iGaming Ontario. Their current offer of a bonus bet of 100% up to $350 is an exciting offer bettors will enjoy.
The other bonuses and promotions from TonyBet are not exciting. In fact, at the time of writing, there are no other bonuses displayed on the TonyBet website. This is disappointing, but at least they have a quality welcome offer.
I would say that the sports that TonyBet covering are perfect for what I would be looking for. They cover every major team and league, although disappointingly, their college football options seemed shallow. TonyBet has as many leagues covered as any operator I’ve seen, though.
Their betting markets are a little slim. I like prop betting, that is a distinguishing feature in the operator I use, and they don’t have extensive player prop options. However, they are good on the other markets, so if you’re not a player prop bettor, it won’t be a problem.
The banking experience with TonyBet was good, although I didn’t like that it takes as long as it does for the deposit to hit your account. A lot of websites have instant deposits, so this is a slight annoyance. However, their bevy of options for payment methods, including cryptocurrency, definitely makes up for it.
The customer support of TonyBet is middle of the pack, although the lack of a phone line isn’t helping them. They do have a very responsive chat option, so if you’re someone who prefers to communicate through messaging, you won’t be missing out on much.
The mobile experience of TonyBet is solid and something many bettors will enjoy. TonyBet has been around for a long time, but only in recent years have they started to lean toward mobile betting. They now have a great sports betting app that should draw in plenty of users. However, this app is only available to Ontario residents.
Overall, in my own opinion, TonyBet is a good option for bettors. While it lacks in some areas that are pretty important to me, such as the look of their website and their lack of player props, it makes up for it in others. They cover every league imaginable in some capacity, and they now have an amazing mobile app. They also have great live betting. If you’re looking for a simple but effective website to start your betting journey, TonyBet may be for you.
Bonuses & Offer: ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
TonyBet has a solid welcome bonus that immediately makes them stand out. However, if there is a concern, it is in the complete lack of other bonus offers they provide. If you are a major bonus bettor, than TonyBet might not be right for you.
Betting Variety: ⭐⭐⭐⭐
Significant variety with lots of sports and markets, no props is a setback, though.
Banking Options: ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
They accept several different banking options. While they don’t have any unique ones, there is enough there that bettors won’t object and will find ways to deposit and withdraw.
Mobile experience: ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Not only has TonyBet got a great mobile-optimized website, but they have taken it to the next level in recent years. They added an excellent sports betting app that users can enjoy, bringing TonyBet’s desktop features to a smartphone format.
Payout Speed: ⭐⭐⭐⭐
Has standard payout speed; however, deposits do take some time to hit the account.
TonyBet has recently secured licensing from iGaming Ontario. This means they are living up to the stringent standards of the Canadian government. Bettors can be confident that their website will be safe and secure.
Software & Games: ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
They have a huge variety of games from big-time providers like Microgaming and NetEnt.
Betting Experience: ⭐⭐⭐⭐
Lots of great betting options, although they lack a bet builder feature and some other fun options.
Customer Support: ⭐⭐⭐⭐
They have Email, a help message center, and a chat feature, although no phone line, which is a setback.
Is TonyBet legal in Canada?
If you’ve heard all that TonyBet has to offer and you’re interested in signing up, then there are two things you have to make sure of: is TonyBet legal in Canada, and is it safe to use?
Using a gambling operator that isn’t legal in your country can have repercussions, and betting with a sportsbook that isn’t safe and is vulnerable to hacks and other issues is a dangerous financial decision.
Luckily, TonyBet is entirely legal to use in Canada. TonyBet only recently came to Canada as a fully legal sports betting website, but you can enjoy both the sportsbook and the casino legally, so have no worries on that front.
TonyBet has acquired a license from iGaming Ontario as part of the new wave of legal Canadian betting sites. They are now fully overseen by the Ontario government, making them safer to use than ever. They had to go through the rigorous licensing process the Canadian government requires, so this shows that they are very legal, and very safe.
This is an area that is extremely important for operators to excel in. If your operator isn’t legal or safe, simply put, don’t use them. However, this isn’t an issue with TonyBet, as it is legal in Canada, and you can trust them to deposit and withdraw your money.
TonyBet Welcome Package
A Welcome Package is what the operator will offer new bettors to entice them to join their website. Just about every sportsbook you can find has a Welcome Package with varying levels of quality. Let’s take a look at what TonyBet offers for their Welcome Package.
TonyBet Welcome Bonus
100% Matched Free Bet Bonus Up To $150 👇
How to claim TonyBet Welcome Bonus
- Step One: Register for an Account with TonyBet.
- Step Two: Select the Bonus and Make a Deposit of At Least $15.
- Step Three: Bet 5x the Amount of Your Initial Deposit Up to $350x5.
- Step Four: Follow the Terms and Conditions and Watch the Bonus Hit Your Account.
TonyBet Welcome Bonus Terms and Conditions
One thing you need to always consider is that every Bonus has terms and conditions. These terms and conditions will alter the offer that you are receiving, and it is important to always be aware of what they are. Let’s look at some of the Welcome Bonus Terms and Conditions.
- Minimum Matched Deposit $15, Maximum $150
- Place Qualifying Bets of 5x the Deposit Amount to Receive Bonus
- Qualifying Bets Are: 1.5x for a Single, and 1.7 for Multi Bets
- Turnover Requirements Must Be Met Within 14 Days of Deposit
- The Received Free Bet Bonus Must Be Placed on a Multi with At Least Three Different Odds
I would say that the T&Cs for this Bonus are relatively solid, although there are some aspects that aren’t bettor friendly. The turnover of 5x is less than most operators, although the qualifying bets are high. As well, the time restriction is quite short. The most disappointing aspect is that a received free bet must be put on at least three different odds.
Casino First Deposit Bonus
100% Free Bet up to $180 and $120 Free Spins on Cowboy Gold slot game.
Casino Second Deposit Bonus
50% Free Bet up to $150 and 50 Free Spins for Take Olympus slot game with bonus code TONY50
TonyBet Sports Bonuses and Promotions
The Welcome Package is just the beginning for most sportsbooks. Most operators will have different promotions and bonuses that are designed to capture the attention of users. These bonuses can include a huge range of things. Many websites have odds boosts, where they will enhance odds on different markets to be more beneficial for sports bettors. Other websites will have parlay boost, where winnings from parlays are enhanced. Free bets are also very common. These are bonuses where bettors receive free bets for taking specific actions.
However, unfortunately, this is not the case on TonyBet. TonyBet does not provide many bonus offers for bettors. In fact, they provide none, outside of the welcome bonus. This certainly is a letdown for some bettors. If you prioritize bonus offers, you won’t love this aspect of the sportsbook. But they do have a solid welcome offer, at least.
TonyBet Casino bonuses
Sportsbooks aren’t the only part of an operator that typically provides bonuses. Casino offers are highly common, as well. However, since TonyBet does not have an online casino that is licensed for Ontario users, this element of their sportsbook is not present.|
TonyBet best sports features
What is the reason most people use sports betting sites? Well, the answer is simple: to bet on sports. Every website has different ways that users can bet on the games they love, with unique betting options that set them apart. These are called their features.
Sports betting features can let users place different styles of bets, and for many gamblers, they are the most significant factor when choosing an operator to use. There are countless different features that operators can have, so finding an operator that offers the features you prioritize is important.
Let’s look at some of the different sports features available on TonyBet.
TonyBet Live Betting
TonyBet has comprehensive live betting coverage, which is one of their biggest distinguishing offerings. Their live betting page is very accessible and easy to use, and it is featured prominently on their website. I found TonyBet live betting to be their strongest feature, as it is simplistic yet extensive. I love live betting, and TonyBet made it easy.
TonyBet Combo Betting
Combo betting is something many people enjoy. It allows bettors to combine a bunch of different bets under the umbrella of one bet. If each component hits, the bet will be a success. TonyBet has combo betting features that allow for parlay/multi-betting. While most operators do have this, it is a fundamental feature and is important for TonyBet to have. Placing a Multi/combo bet is one of the most fun ways to gamble, and TonyBet feature is simple to use and effective.
TonyBet Niche Sports
For many sports bettors, the appeal isn’t to bet on the NFL or NBA; it’s to bet on more niche sports. Finding an operator that can account for this is important. TonyBet has great in-depth niche sports coverage, including for eSports. Bettors can bet on a large variety of eSports games and even live bet the most popular events that are going on. Personally, I’m not a big niche gambler, but considering how eSports and other niche sports are rapidly growing, I think it’s important to offer bettors options, and TonyBet definitely does.
TonyBet Sports Coverage
TonyBet has a large sportsbook that covers just about every sport the average Canadian sports bettor might be hoping to gamble on. Personally, I typically avoid betting on sports unless I’m extremely familiar with them, so I found TonyBet to have everything I would’ve wanted.
TonyBet even has you covered on some much lesser-known sports, so regardless if you’re looking for something standard or a little more niche, TonyBet is a good place to bet.
I would say overall that TonyBet has a pretty standard, if not slightly above average, number of sports covered. They aren’t missing any major sports, and they have a huge number of leagues that they cover. Let’s take a quick look at some of the different sports you can find on TonyBet.
TonyBet Hockey Betting 🏒
Hockey is Canada’s most beloved sport and a huge reason many fans get into gambling in the first place. From puck drop in the NHL to the Stanley Cup, TonyBet has you covered with all the action. They also have leagues like the KHL and International events, so you can bet on games around the world.
TonyBet Basketball Betting 🏀
Basketball has quickly become a globally significant sport, and Canada is as basketball-hungry as any country around. If you’re looking to place bets on basketball games, TonyBet is the right place. They’ve got extensive markets on NBA games and other leagues around the world, including Euroleague, Liga ACB, and much more.
TonyBet Baseball Betting ⚾
While the Blue Jays are the only Major League Baseball team in Canada, that doesn’t mean this country doesn’t love a classic sport. TonyBet accommodates this passion with betting odds on the MLB, Japanese League, Korean League, and more. You can bet from Opening Day to the World Series with TonyBet.
TonyBet American Football Betting 🏈
The most widely watched sport in Canada and the United States is American Football. No sport owns a day of the week like the NFL does Sundays, so next Sunday, you can start making some big bucks by betting with TonyBet. They offer extensive coverage of the NFL up to the Super Bowl, with many markets available. TonyBet also has coverage on the CFL, although they shockingly don’t have much coverage of college football.
TonyBet sponsorship deals
TonyBet doesn’t have any major sports sponsorships, as they’re still a relatively new and growing brand.
TonyBet Betting Markets & Types of Bets Available
We’ve talked a little about the sports that TonyBet has coverage of. However, we’ve yet to discuss the different markets and types of bets they have available.
Markets and types of bets are things you bet on within the sport. They are different aspects of games or leagues that oddsmakers have created lines on. Every operator will have different markets and lines for bettors to engage with. Let’s look at what TonyBet is offering for their markets and types of bets.
TonyBet Betting Markets
- Moneyline: A Moneyline bet is a direct bet on a team to win a game. If you bet a team on the Moneyline, the bet will only hit if that team wins outright.
- Spread: A spread is a difference a team is projected to win or lose by. Bettors can choose to bet on or against the spread, meaning that the team will win or lose by that number or more or that they will not win or lose by that number.
- Totals: Totals are the total number of combined points that both teams will score. Bettors can choose to bet the over or the under, meaning that teams will score more than that number or less.
- Outrights: Outrights is the same thing as futures. Essentially, they’re things that won’t be determined by a single game. They are larger, typically season-long bets. Examples are who will be MVP, who will win the Championship, and who will win a division.
- Game Props: A game prop is a bet on something happening within a single game that isn’t the outcome of the whole game. An example of a game prop would be total field goals made between both teams in an NFL game or total three-pointers in an NBA game.
- Player Props: Player props are like game props, except they’re related to players rather than teams. TonyBet is a little lacking in this area, but they still do have some props available. An example of a player prop would be if Lionel Messi will score a goal in a Champion’s League game and whether LeBron James will have 25 points or more in an NBA game.
TonyBet Types of Bets Available
- Multi Betting: Multi betting is what parlay/combo betting is called on TonyBet. Multi betting allows you to tie multiple bets into one, increasing the overall payout you get if all aspects of the bet hit. Each aspect needs to hit, or the bet is a loss.
- Live Betting: TonyBet specializes in this type of betting. They have extensive live betting features, which allow you to bet on a game already in progress. Odds update based on how the game is shaking out, with odds worsening or improving, depending on results.
TonyBet Mobile Apps
The mobile experience has become an essential part of sports betting for gamblers all over the world. It is important for sportsbooks to invest in this aspect of their website to ensure bettors don’t get bored or unhappy. For TonyBet, the results of this investment are clear.
TonyBet has created a solid mobile app that is now available to Ontario residents. This app can be accessed by both Android and Apple users. There is a code bettors have to search, which will help them download the app. They will then have a saved version of TonyBet designed to suit the smartphone screen. The app is intuitive, easy-to-use, and fun. It has all the great features bettors love about TonyBet, but functions on the smartphone device. It even includes several additional features, like a VIP reward program, tournaments, forecasts, and more.
If you don’t want to download the mobile app, you can simply use the TonyBet mobile website. To access it, you just have to search TonyBet in your smartphone browser, and the website will come up. It is a version of the website that is designed to look good and work on the smartphone screen.
Mobile App’s Promotions
TonyBet has a mobile app that offers bonuses specific to its mobile users. They have several bonus offers that are not offered on their desktop version that are available on the mobile phone. They also have tournaments and event-based features that they don’t have on their website. It is a unique aspect of the sportsbook.
TonyBet Banking and Deposit Options
Now that you’ve learned a little about TonyBet, you’re probably feeling ready to start throwing down bets and getting started. In order to do that, you’re going to need to make a deposit with the TonyBet bank.
This is an experience that many bettors often feel slightly nervous about, as it involves trusting a new operator that you may not know as well with your money. However, Tonybet is trustworthy and safe to bank with.
My experience depositing and withdrawing with TonyBet was very standard for what you’d expect from an operator, albeit with a few key differences. The deposit process was quick and easy and didn’t require anything from me that I didn’t anticipate.
The TonyBet website used to have many different deposit options for gamblers. But because they are now a fully licensed Canadian operator, the amount of payment methods the government allows them to use on their website is limited. So currently, TonyBet only has MasterCard, Visa, and Interac. While this might be a problem for someone who insists on using alternative payment methods, this doesn’t bother me.
When I deposited with TonyBet, the money reached my account near-instantly. The deposit minimums and maximums are very reasonable with all the different methods on the website. The processing time is fast, and everything felt secure.
Withdrawing with TonyBet will take longer than depositing, but this is true with every sportsbook in Canada. The withdraw methods are similar to the deposit ones. The transaction times are roughly a few business days, but as long as you verify your identity and don’t lie on the sign-up process, there should be no delays or confusion.
Overall, my deposit and withdrawal experience with TonyBet was solid. It’s not ideal that deposits don’t hit your account straight away, but I think the large number of payment methods available makes up for it.
TonyBet Customer Support
It’s not always going to be smooth sailing when you use any operator. Online sportsbooks are imperfect things, and problems can arise. That is to be expected. However, it is how these problems get solved that defines a sportsbook. Customer support is a majorly important component of an operator. Let’s see how TonyBet stacks up in this key area.
For me, the most important thing for customer service is that they rapidly respond. I personally prefer a call line, so I can get in touch with someone immediately and better explain myself.
However, TonyBet doesn’t offer a call service to their customers. This is a setback, as I think that is a must. They do have an email you can reach out to, as well as a contact form where you write your complaint and leave your contact information.
Best of all, they have a chat line, which was surprisingly fast. I opened it to reach out to a representative, and within minutes, I was talking to someone that was very helpful and conversational. While I didn’t have any actual problem and just wanted to test the speed of their response, they seemed very knowledgeable.
Overall, my takeaway is that TonyBet customer service is solid but not elite. While they have an email and a chat service that has a quick response, to me, the most important thing is to be able to get on the phone with someone, and TonyBet doesn’t allow for this.
TonyBet Review - How to?
Using a new operator is a complicated thing. If you are struggling, don’t worry, it’s normal! There is much to learn, and it isn’t all easy to understand. To help you along the way, we’ve got you covered with a how-to guide on some of the most important aspects of the TonyBet website experience. Let’s get into it.
How to Open An Account on TonyBet?
Opening an account with TonyBet is a familiar experience to anyone that has used a sportsbook before. It requires the standard details you’d anticipate and is a process that won’t take up much time. TonyBet has stated on their website that they’re committed to protecting the data of their customers, and they are a fully licensed gambling operator, so you don’t have to worry about your information falling into the wrong hands. Let’s take a look at how to open an account on TonyBet.
TonyBet Registration Process:
- Step One: Visit TonyBet.com and click the Sign-Up tab on the upper right side.
- Step Two: Choose Which Bonus You Want (Sports, Casino, or None).
- Step Three: You Ontario location will already be noted. You’ll then have to input your email, password, and a promo code (if you have one).
- Step Four: Input your name, occupation, phone number, gender, and date of birth.
- Step Five: Enter you address, postal code, and city of residence. Click continue to verification.
- Step Six: You will then need to take the significant step of verifying your identity. This requires giving up biometric data from your face and your identifying document.
- Step Seven: Once this is done, your account will be ready to go!
How to Place A Bet?
Now that we know all about the sports and markets available with TonyBet, you’re probably feeling ready to start your betting. Well, if you don’t know how don’t worry. It’s not hard with TonyBet, but if you’ve never bet before, it may be confusing. We have you covered, with a quick breakdown of how to place a bet with TonyBet.
- Step One: Visit TonyBet.com
- Step Two: Find the Sport you Want to Bet on by Scrolling the Panel on the Left Side.
- Step Three: Once You’re On the Page for the Sport, Find the Game You Want to Bet
- Step Four: Click on the Game to See All the Markets. Once You Click on the Market, a Bet Slip Will Pop Up
- Step Five: Input How Much You Want to Bet. If you Feel Confident, Click Place Bet.
- Step Six: Hope for a Major Win!
How to Download the TonyBet App
TonyBet’s mobile app is a big draw for people who want to get familiar with this betting site. The TonyBet app is relatively new, however. So for many bettors, it might be confusing to access. They also lack a traditional download process. However, we’re here to help, with a quick look at how you can download the TonyBet app.
- Step One: Google TonyBet app and click on the first result.
- Step Two: Step Two: You will see a large screen that advertises all the features from the app. Browse the features so you know what you are accessing.
- Step Three: Scroll until you find the application code. You will then need to scan it with your smartphone’s camera. This will open up download link. Tap it, and the download begins.
- Step Four: Login to the downloaded TonyBet app on your home screen. You are now clear to begin betting!
How to Claim a Promotion?
Promotions can provide a big payout to users that utilize them correctly. They also make for a consistently good time. Let’s take a look at how to claim promotions with TonyBet.
- Step One: Head to TonyBet.com and click on the Promotions tab on the Upper Right Side
- Step Two: Browse the Promotion Offerings and See Which One Interests You
- Step Three: Click on it, and Then Click on the Terms and Conditions. Make Sure to Read These, as They’re Very Important!
- Step Four: If You Still Want to Proceed, Scroll to the Top, and Follow the Step by Step Instructions TonyBet Provides
- Step Five: Enjoy Engaging with a New Promotion!
Frequently asked questions about TonyBet
TonyBet is a relative mystery to many Canadian bettors, considering how new it is. If you’ve got some questions about it, don’t worry, because we’ve got you covered with all the answers you need. Here are some of the most frequently asked questions about TonyBet:
❔ Why is TonyBet called TonyBet?
If you recognize the website of TonyBet, that is because back in the day, it used to be called Unibet. It was then purchased by poker superstar Antanas “Tony” Guoga. Tony then named the new operator after himself.
❔ Is there a bet builder feature?
Unfortunately, there is no bet builder feature for TonyBet.
❔ Can I make a parlay bet with TonyBet?
Yes! You can make a parlay with TonyBet; you just have to click on multiple odds at once and select “Multi bet” on the bet slip in order to make a parlay bet.
❔ How do I see the markets of a game on TonyBet?
If you want to see the different markets of a game on TonyBet, you have to click on the game under the upcoming events or top championships tab. You’ll see the game, and to find the odds, click on the game. There, you’ll see the many different markets within that game.