The biggest sporting event in the world is back with World Cup 2022 running from November 20th to December 18th in Qatar. Check out our World Cup 2022 betting guide for more info!
World Cup Betting Odds And Predictions
Top 10 World Cup Betting Sites
How To Bet On World Cup 2022
World Cup 2022 in Qatar is fast approaching, and with that in mind, we’ve put together a World Cup 2022 Betting Guide to help bettors wade through the tournament and come out on the positive side betting-wise. We can’t make any promises about the country you support, but we can definitely set you up for success on the betting side with our World Cup 2022 betting tips and breakdowns!
Word Cup Betting Odds
The first thing to know when betting on any sport is the odds that you’re dealing with on the betting market you’re looking at. The odds on any given bet are simply the translated probability of that proposition. In terms of American odds, higher odds (beginning with a +) indicate an underdog or a prop that is less likely to happen, while lower odds (beginning with a -) indicate a favorite or a prop that is more likely.
Higher odds bring higher returns but are riskier, while lower odds have lower returns but are much safer. Shopping around different bookmakers is also a great way to ensure you get the best bang for your buck on every bet you make.
There are tons of betting markets out there for punters to take advantage of for World Cup 2022. These include more common matchday ones such as Moneyline, total goals, which player to score, and more as well as more long term options, such as who will lift the trophy at the end of the tournament, who will be named player of the tournament, which teams will emerge from the group stage, etc.
The World Cup draw has been complete, with fans and countries alike learning of the upcoming matches in Qatar. The middle of June confirmed the final countries that would compete in 2022. With the Inter-Confederation Playoffs ending, the tournament draw is set, with Australia and Costa Rica joining the tournament.
An early outright bet on either of the South American teams or one of the top dogs from Europe should produce much more lucrative odds than it would once the draw is made, but such a long term bet obviously carries a lot of risks as well. Once again, be wary of a very talented England squad, no matter how strongly you think this is the year that “It’s Coming Home”. Brazil and France are much safer picks and are offering huge value right now.
Team vs. Team Betting
When it comes to simple team vs. team betting, soccer is unique in that they don’t make it quite so simple. In the group stage of World Cup 2022, as with all league fixtures, there aren’t just two options to bet on for each match (Team A or Team B to win) as with most sports, there’s also an option to bet on a Draw, which happens an awful lot.
The plus side is that the possibility of a draw makes betting on either side to win a lot more lucrative than in other sports. A proposition with three possibilities will always yield better odds than one with two.
Strategies & Betting Tips
Betting is no different than any other endeavor: you’re not going to have sustained success without some sort of strategy or outline for how you’ll go about things. To that end, we’ve got a few World Cup 2022 betting tips to help get you guys off on the right foot.
One of my favorites and one I had great success with at Euro 2020 is a group winner parlay. There are usually a handful of groups where the winner is pretty much a shoo-in, so a parlay of 4-5 group winners for these kinds of tournaments is usually pretty lucrative and safe as long as you pinpoint the groups with the best ratio of a strong favorite and weak competition.
Another good strategy is to keep yourself apprised of the previous results of certain teams as well as the recent form of certain players. Having this knowledge can help you snipe some really nice value in some of these fixtures: teams from different continents almost never face off apart from when they’re at the World Cup, so oddsmakers are sometimes going into things a bit blindly.
World Cup 2022 Outright Betting Tips
An outright bet is a bet on an entire tournament or season rather than a single match or game. For the purposes of this page, an outright bet refers to a bet on a team to win World Cup 2022 outright.
Bonuses & Promotions
You can always count on a tournament that has been the most-watched sporting event in the world for what seems like forever to bring out some of the best bonuses and promotions from these World Cup betting sites. The quality and sheer number of World Cup betting offers will be dizzying, so it’s important to sift through the hogwash to get to the really good offers.
Joining a new World Cup betting site once their tournament offers go up is a smart move because not only are you likely to get a welcome bonus, but you’ll also be able to take advantage of the rest of their lineup of World Cup betting offers. Check back closer to the tournament for more info on the best betting offers you can find!
World Cup 2022 Betting Guide: Top Bookmakers
Choosing the right bookmaker is one of the most crucial keys to success on your World Cup 2022 betting journey, and we’re here to help you find the sports betting site that fits your needs the best. Here’s a list and quick breakdown of our top 10 World Cup betting sites right now:
|Sports Interaction → Our favourite sportsbook for anything right now at BettingTop10 is this one, and we don’t expect that to change once World Cup 2022 comes around next November-December. You get a welcome bonus, it’s very easy to use, and it’s got all the markets you could want. It also has a World Cup Pinata market where you get +5000 odds on a completely random team to win the whole thing. How fun is that? Imagine you got France or Brazil (who are at around +570 right now) at +5000 odds?
👉 Click here to read Sports Interaction review
|PowerPlay → Similar to our previous entry, this sportsbook doesn’t have a mobile app but boasts a spicy welcome bonus. They’re also known for the convenience they provide for deposits, withdrawals, and live betting. PowerPlay also has a really deep trove of different betting markets and props to choose from, so odds are you’re going to find some value.
👉 Click here to read PowerPlay review
|888sport → If you’re someone who’s looking for bonuses and promotions early and often in your relationship with your sportsbook, 888sport has you covered. They’re welcome bonus is a little smaller but they more than makeup for it with regular promotions and boosted odds offers for new and existing customers. They also offer bet builders, which is the ability to create a parlay on a single match, which is still rare these days.
👉 Click here to read 888Sport review
|Betway → One of the big dogs in Canadian online betting and one who we’re sure will be handing out top-notch World Cup 2022 betting offers is Betway. They’re one of the biggest names in the country and for good reason: they’re very easy to use, they offer Boosted Odds regularly, and they offer cash out and live betting features.
👉 Click here to read Betway review
|Bwin → While it doesn’t boast as many payment methods, they do accept one of the most popular payment methods in Canada – Interac. Bwin also has a very solid range of betting markets as well as a very easy-to-use live betting client.
👉 Click here to read Bwin review
World Cup 2022 Betting Guide: Top Betting Features
- Live Betting → One of the greatest additions to the online betting world has been live betting, which allows punters to bet on various props while a match is being played. If your World Cup betting site doesn’t have it, you’d best find one that does. If you’re locked into a match and you get a feeling about a comeback or about a certain player scoring, those are great times to make a cheeky live bet. But you must be fast because live odds change in a heartbeat.
- Live Streaming → This allows you to watch the match on which you’re betting on the same webpage as your bets. This is an especially symbiotic feature with live betting, as it allows you to make live bets instantly when you see something. When you have to open your phone or laptop or webpage it costs valuable seconds during which the odds could already have changed.
- Bet Builder/Accumulators/Parlays → This allows you to combine several markets you like (such as our group winners’ parlay for World Cup 2022) into one bet with much more lucrative odds. A bet builder is the same thing, except all of the markets come from one match instead of multiple. This can really infuse a single match with a ton of excitement as you have two or three or four different props you’re excited to watch for during the match.
- Early Cash-Out → If you’re not feeling confident about a certain bet and want to get out of it early with at least a part of your original stake, the early cash out is a great option. It can also be used the other way, for example if you have a parlay and the first few markets have hit, but you’re not so sure about the last one you chose, you can cash out with partial winnings and avoid the risk.
World Cup 2022 Betting Guide: Tournament Structure
The 2022 World Cup is taking place in Qatar from the 20th of November to the 18th of December in a condensed 29-day format for the 32 teams. This is the first time in the tournament’s history that it is held in any month other than May, June, or July, and the first time it is held in the Arab World.
There are eight stadia serving as venues for the tournament, four of which—not including Lusail Iconic Stadium, which will host the final—are in and around Qatar’s capital and most populous city, Doha.
World Cup 2022 Qualifiers
One of the most exciting times, we have seen nations punch their ticket to Qatar 2022. Below, read about the different confederations that make up the World Cup and how countries confirmed their appearance at the World Cup.
CAF (Africa) → Five African teams have punched their ticket to Qatar 2022. Cameroon, Morocco, Tunisia, Ghana and Senegal will all be participating in the tournament. In tournament history, no nation from the continent of Africa has won the World Cup. Senegal, Cameroon and Ghana have reached the Quarter Finals, which is the best result from an African country at the World Cup.
UEFA (Europe) → UEFA will send 13 countries to the World Cup. The touranament will see Serbia, Spain, Switzerland, France, Belgium, Demark, Netherlands, Croatia, England, Germany, Poland, Portugal and Wales.
CONCACAF (North & Central America) → This confederation will see Canada, Mexico, Costa Rica and the United States represent CONCACAF in the World Cup 2022.
CONMEBOL (South America) → Similar to CONCACAF, this Confederation will be sending numerous teams to the World Cup. Brazil, Argentina, Uruguay and Ecuador have punched their ticket to the World Cup.
AFC (Asia) → The host nation Qatar is one of five countries that will represent the AFC in 2022. Joining the host nation will be South Korea, Iran, Saudi Arabia, Australia and Japan.
OFC (Oceania) → New Zealand has qualified for the Inter-Confederation Playoff, but lost 0-1 to Costa Rica and did not qualified for the World Cup.
Inter-Confederation Play-offs → Held in June 2022, four nations competed for the final two spots at Qatar 2022. Australia (AFC), Costa Rica (CONCACAF), Peru (CONMEBOL), New Zealand (OFC) participated in the playoffs. At the end, it would be Australia and Costa Rica securing their ticket for the tournament, officially knocking New Zealand and Peru from qualification.
The World Cup 2022 Draw took place in early April. All groups have been revealed and the Qatar 2022 Schedule is out. The confirmed groups are as follows:
- Group A: Qatar, Ecuador, Senegal, Netherlands
- Group B: England, Iran, USA, Wales
- Group C: Argentina, Saudi Arabia, Mexico, Poland
- Group D: France, Australia, Denmark, Tunisia
- Group E: Spain, Costa Rica, Germany, Japan
- Group F: Belgium, Canada, Morocco, Croatia
- Group G: Brazil, Serbia, Switzerland, Cameroon
- Group H: Portugal, Ghana, Uruguay, South Korea
Quick World Cup 2022 betting tip: there’s almost always a group with 3 or 4 top teams that’s called the Group of Death, and that’s the one you’ll want to avoid betting on. Look instead for strong squads in comparatively weak groups.
The winners and runner-ups from all eight groups advance to the knockout stage, which is a tournament in a single-game knockout bracket format. The group stage is the first part of the 2022 World Cup and will begin on November 20th and run until December 2nd.
The Knockout Stage
After the group stage comes the knockout stage, where 16 becomes 8 which becomes 4 which becomes 2, which brings us to the final in Lusail on December 18th. This stage runs from December 3rd through the date of the final.
Important Dates & Times For World Cup 2022
With the official World Cup draw taking place on April 1, soccer fans are well prepared for the upcoming tournament. Below are some other important dates ahead of the tournament:
- Final CAF qualifiers: March 2022
- Final AFC qualifiers: January 27th – March 29th
- Final UEFA qualifiers: March 24th – March 29th
- Final CONCACAF qualifiers: January 27th – March 30th
- Final CONMEBOL qualifiers: January 27th – March 29th
- OFC qualifying tournament: March 2022 in Qatar
- World Cup 2022 Draw: April 2022
- Inter-Confederations play-offs: June 13th – 14th in Qatar
- Group Stages: November 20th – December 2nd
- Round of 16: December 3rd – 6th
- Quarterfinals: December 9th – 10th
- Semifinals: December 13th – 14th
- Third-Place Game: December 17th
- Final: December 18th
How Club Leagues Are Affected
Unlike previous World Cups, which were played when clubs were on their off-season in the summer, this World Cup will be played smack dab in the middle of the club season in the winter. Different leagues are adjusting in various ways, with the English Premier League deciding to start their season a week earlier than usual, cram 16 game weeks in before the World Cup before breaking, then returning barely a week after the World Cup Final for their classic Boxing Day fixtures.
World Cup 2022 Betting Guide: About the World Cup
The World Cup is like no other sporting event in the world. It’s incomparable. The Beautiful Game, as soccer is called throughout the world, is loved by a wider range of nations than any other single genre of entertainment, sports or otherwise. In 2018, the Final between France and Croatia saw 1.1 billion worldwide viewers tuning in at some point during the 90-minute match.
The first FIFA World Cup took place in 1930, and since then, they have hosted the tournament on all five major continents and awarded the FIFA World Cup trophy 21 times to eight different nations. 1942 and 1946 were the only years where it was skipped, due to WW2.
Brazil has won a record five times, most recently in 2002, Italy and Germany have both won four times apiece, Argentina, France, and Uruguay have each won a pair, and England and Spain have both one once as well.
The 2022 World Cup is the most intriguing in a while, as there was much ado about the process that led to Qatar winning its bid, most notably accusations of corruption and brutal worker’s rights’. But, it’s also intriguing because it is the first to be held in the Arab World, and the first not to be held in the summer, due to the extreme heat on the Arabian peninsula during the summer months.
World Cup 2022 Betting Guide: Interesting Facts
- No player is likely to catch German Miroslav Klose’s record 16 career World Cup goals (followed closely by Brazilian legend Ronaldo’s 15), and Frenchman Jus Fontaine’s record of 13 goals in one World Cup—he’s fourth overall despite having played just six career World Cup games—seems safe, but we’ve still got a ton of firepower coming into this World Cup.
You’ve got Lionel Messi for Argentina (6 goals, 19 WC matches) and (possibly) Cristiano Ronaldo for Portugal (7 goals, 17 matches). But the newer, fresher faces have actually been a lot more prolific for their countries recently than those two perennial All-World talents. Some names to look for are Harry Kane for England (6 goals, 6 WC matches), Romelu Lukaku for Belgium (5 goals, 10 WC matches), Neymar (6 goals, 10 WC matches), and possibly Luis Suarez for Uruguay (7 goals, 13 WC matches).
- We will see Canada in their first World Cup since 1986, as our home nation has already qualified.
- Another interesting caveat to this tournament occurred recently with the draw for the third round of UEFA qualifying: Portugal and Italy got drawn into the same path, meaning only one of the two football giants will make it in. It is exceedingly rare to see the both the last two UEFA Euro championship holders—Italy in 2020, Portugal, 2016— both struggling to make the World Cup.
- The World Cup has never been won by a country, not from Europe or South America, and we reckon that trend will continue, as the top 10 teams with the best chances of winning it according to bookmakers come exclusively from those continents, starting with Brazil at the top at +571 and ending with Portugal in 10th at +2,387. (Odds courtesy of Sports Interaction)
- Don’t waste any of your money on World Cup betting sites looking for a fun long shot outright bet like Japan or Ghana or something, it’ll be fun for a bit, but in the end, the trophy will return where it always has.
World Cup 2022 Conclusion & Our Predictions
Hopefully, we covered everything you were looking for concerning World Cup 2022 betting sites, betting on the World Cup, and the tournament in general. This tournament is bound to be a completely unique iteration of the greatest show in the world considering where and when it’s being played, so don’t miss out on any World Cup games or World Cup betting tips.
The English continue to pompously proclaim that football’s coming home, and if you’re new to this, don’t worry, it doesn’t mean much: they haven’t won anything since 1998 when that song was created. In fact, they’ve been trophyless since their sole 1966 World Cup triumph.
Instead, we’ll be looking at the holy trinity of Belgium, France, and Brazil as our top three contenders for the 2022 trophy. All three have a lovely blend of talent, energy, strategy, and experience on the pitch and on the touchline.
And in terms of top goalscorers, I reckon Ronaldo and Messi will once again disappoint, allowing those up-and-comers we mentioned—your Lukakus, your Neymars, your Kanes, your Mbappes — to really flourish on the international stage.
World Cup 2022 Betting Guide: FAQs
How long will the tournament last?
What’s the structure of the tournament?
Who’s the World Cup 2022 host?
Who are the favourites to win?
When will the final qualification games be done?
- Betting Sites
- World Cup Betting Sites 2022