Golf is one of the most popular sports on the planet, and many bettors have taken their passion for the great game to mobile formats. This has led to a huge surge in the popularity of golf betting apps, mobile versions of the top sports betting sites. In this guide, we’re going to explore everything you need to know to find the best golf betting app for you. We’ll look at some of the top sports betting apps, explore what makes them stand out, and uncover how to use them. Ready? Let's dive in.
Best Golf Betting Apps - Bettors guide to golf betting on mobile and apps
What Makes a Betting App a Top Option?
You've arrived at this page looking to find the best app for golf betting, but before we can dive into that, we should make it clear what we at BettingTop10 believe makes for a great app.
At BettingTop10, we know the industry inside and out. Our sportsbook reviews and betting guides have helped gamblers around the world. So naturally, we have thoughts on what makes a golf gambling app great. Let’s look at some of the categories that define the top golf betting apps.
- Security and Legality: Ensuring you are legal betting on one of the many safe betting sites available to Canadians is a pivotal first step for BT10.
- Golf Coverage: It is important operators cover all the golf events that bettors seek out, whether it is PGA Tour majors or overseas events, which is a crucial aspect of a great golf betting app.
- Golf Markets: We also check to ensure that the operator has fun, unique, and popular betting markets.
- Odds: Odds determine how much bettors can make by wagering on an outcome. We check to ensure sportsbooks are offering competitive odds to bettors.
- Customer Support: Having issues with a sportsbook can be stressful, so it is pivotal that they provide outstanding customer support features to their users.
- Payment Processes: Payment processes are the different transaction methods a sportsbook accepts and offers, as well as how fast the payout and transaction speeds are.
- Betting Offers: Sports betting bonuses are highly appealing to bettors, so we check to see if the best golf sports betting apps have bonuses for users, including bonuses centred on golf.
- Look and Feel: We also check an app to see if it looks good and functions well on smartphone devices.
Best Golf Betting Apps by Category
We’ve explained some of the traits we look for to determine the best app for golf betting; now it is time to actually look at these operators.
Every sportsbook excels at something different, and the same is true for golf betting applications. No sportsbook is perfect in every category, and some stand out specifically in key areas. Let's look at the areas where some of the biggest and best betting apps stand out.
|Best Interface and Design
|Best features for Bettors
|Best Golf Coverage
|Best Set-Up and Download
|Best Live Betting Experience
While all of these apps excel in different areas, there is more to them than just their top areas of strength. Below, we’ll take a bigger look at each of these major golf betting apps.
About: Sports Interaction is a top Canadian brand that has been in business since the 1990s. Bettors have long sought out this major sportsbook due to its excellent look, intuitive feel, and deep coverage of all the primary events that the average Canadian bettor seeks out. It is a fun, exciting option for any bettor seeking a positive mobile gambling experience.
What We Like:
- Look and Design of the Mobile App
- Excellent Golf Markets and Coverage
- Positive Reputation as a Safe and Secure Sportsbook
- Free-to-Play Tournaments
What Could Be Improved:
- Could Expand Betting Offers
- Limited Amount of Transaction Options
About: Bet99 is a relatively recent addition to the Canadian market, but it is already making a big impact. Bet99 has everything bettors are looking for, with a clean layout, an array of exciting markets, and plenty of features that have made it a standout. Golf bettors will love their fantastic coverage of the game, as well as their many markets.
What We Like:
- Fun Betting Features
- A large Number of Payment Options Accepted
- Excellent Betting Offers to Explore
- Huge Coverage of Golf Events
What Could Be Improved:
- No Downloadable App
- Could Look Better on Phone Format
About: Betway is one of the most popular global operators, a sportsbook that has been around for a while and generated billions in revenue. It is incredibly popular amongst Canadians and has excellent mobile features, including a popular betting app. Betway has an excellent website design, substantial golf coverage, and unique features that will keep bettors coming back for more.
What We Like:
- Website Design Looks Strong
- Downloadable Mobile Application
- Strong Cybersecurity and Reputation for Safety
- Huge Coverage and Betting Markets to Explore
What Could Be Improved:
- Could Stand to Add More Betting Offers
- Lack of Niche Sports Coverage
About: BetVictor is a sportsbook that has been around for decades in various forms, although it is now a modern, cutting-edge operator with excellent mobile offerings. The downloadable BetVictor betting app is one of the reasons mobile enthusiasts love this operator, and it is easy to use and get started with. BetVictor is also known for having easy payment processes and big-time betting offers.
What We Like:
- Downloadable App Found on Google Play Store
- Exciting Betting Offers with Big Potential Winnings
- Accepts Several Different Payment Options
- Competitive Golf Betting Odds
What Could Be Improved:
- Interface Could Use Some Work
- Unclear Where Canadian License Comes From
About: TonyBet is not one of the new betting sites that have just arrived on the Canadian market. But it is a lesser-known operator that many Canadians are only now discovering. TonyBet is known for having compelling bonus offers, an excellent live betting page, and solid coverage of sports like golf. While not every Canadian is familiar with this operator, it is certainly one to watch.
What We Like:
- Excellent Live Betting Page
- Certification from Ontario Government
- Solid Welcome Package
- Expansive Sportsbook with Competitive Odds
What Could Be Improved:
- The interface is Lacking in Originality
- Not Many Payment Options to Pick From
Betting Offers Available on Golf Betting Apps
For sports bettors, one of the big appealing aspects of wagering online is the presence of betting offers. Betting offers are incentives on sportsbooks that are designed to give bettors a benefit for engaging with certain markets or taking specific action.
For those searching for the best golf betting app, promotions have to be an important consideration. But what are the top promotional offerings to seek out? Let’s explore some of the different kinds of promotions you can expect to find on any sportsbook worth the title of being the top golf gambling app.
- Welcome Package: The Welcome Package is an offer given to users as a reward for creating an account and depositing with them. Typically, the reward is a matched deposit, where sportsbooks will match first deposits up to a certain amount with bet credits.
- Free Bets: Free Bets are when sportsbooks give bettors risk-free bets, where bettors can keep the winnings if the bet hits but don't have to stake any of their own money.
- Parlay Boosts: Parlay Boosts are when an operator boosts the winning of parlays depending on how many legs there are, with the more legs getting bigger boosts.
- Reload Bonuses: Reload Bonuses are when sportsbooks give bettors rewards for depositing into their account at certain times, typically in the form of matched deposits.
- Boosted Odds: Boost Odds are when a sportsbook takes certain odds and enhances them to give bettors higher payouts.
- Reward Programs: Reward Programs are when sportsbooks give bettors points for the bets they make. Those points can then be exchanged for prizes or cash.
Banking with Golf Betting Apps
Before you can use any app for golf sports betting, you’re going to need to go through the banking process. This requires bettors to deposit with a sportsbook through their phones.
The banking process is something that causes some bettors to get nervous, as it requires them to input important payment details on a website they may not be very familiar with. But whether you are golf betting, NFL betting, or Formula One betting, as long as you are using a safe and legal operator, you should be fine.
Before depositing with a golf betting app, make sure you check its licensing and ensure it is safe and legit. Once you do so, you can go through the banking process.
Any good golf betting app should offer users an array of deposit options. The most common options include Visa/MasterCard, Interac, and E-Wallets like Skrill, ecoPayz, and Neteller.
Some sportsbooks will accept more unique options, including cryptocurrency or digital payment platforms like PayPal or Apple Pay.
For each deposit option, sportsbooks will have different processes. These include shorter or longer transaction times and minimum/maximum deposit amounts. Typically, payment methods like crypto and e-wallets tend to have faster transaction times because they don't have to go through third parties like banks or card companies to be completed.
On the typical golf gambling app, the same payment options will be available as on the desktop version. The process should be similar too.
How to deposit on a golf app
Below, we’ll take a quick look at how you can make a deposit on a typical golf betting app.
- Step One: Visit the App Store or Google Play Store and download your best app for golf betting.
- Step Two: Create an account or log in and tap the banking feature.
- Step Three: Select your payment method. Input the amount you want to deposit, and enter your payment details for that method. Confirm your deposit.
- Step Four: The money should then arrive in your account.
Markets and Betting Types
Before we dive into more details, we should clear up one area that some bettors might be wondering about. What exactly can bettors wager on with a golf gambling app? The different outcomes bettors can wager on to happen or not happen are known as markets.
There are many kinds of markets golf bettors should be aware of, as well as some unique types of bets. Below, we will provide insight into some of the top golf markets bettors need to keep their eye on.
- To Win: This is a straightforward bet on which golfer will win their tournament.
- To Place: This is a bet on where golfers will place in a tournament. Typically, bettors can wager top five, ten, or 20.
- Each Way: An Each Way bet is a wager that splits a bet, with some of it bet on a golfer to win and some bet on that same golfer to place.
- Match Bets: Match bets are when golfers are paired together by bookmakers for a round or tournament. Bettors have to pick which golfer will perform better.
- Two and Three Balls: Two and Three Balls are like match bets, except the golfers are actually paired together in real life. It is betting on which golfer will perform better in the pairing that happens during tournaments.
- Leaders by Round: This is a wager on who will be leading the tournament at certain intervals. So, bettors can bet on a player to be winning after the first round, for example.
- Props: Props are bets on different outcomes within a tournament. Bettors can wager on things like whether there will be a hole-in-one, what the best score in a round will be, and so on.
- Parlays: Parlays are when bettors wager on multiple outcomes within a single bet. Each outcome within the bet needs to occur for the bet to cash.
- Live Betting: Live Betting is when bettors wager on tournaments that are already underway. The odds adjust according to how the players are performing.
How to Use a Golf Betting App
If you have made it this far, you’re probably at least interested in everything that golf betting apps have to offer. But before you can proceed any further, you need to know how to use a golf betting app.
While these applications do what they can to make it easy for bettors to use, if you’ve never used a mobile operator before, it can be a little confusing. However, we are here to help, and below, we’ll provide a quick step-by-step guide to getting started with a mobile golf betting platform.
- Step One: Research Your Ideal Mobile Sportsbook. It is important to look into the many options available to find one that works best for you. By reading this article, you have already taken the key first step.
- Step Two: Download the Sportsbook. Find the golf betting app you want to use on the Apple App Store or the Google Play Store, and download it onto your phone.
- Step Three: Create an Account. The next step is creating your betting account. To do this, you’ll need to input your personal information on the app, which includes things like contact information, date of birth, and location.
- Step Four: Deposit. We’ve touched on this already, but to bet, you’ll need money. The deposit process should be easy and fast.
- Step Five: Start Betting. Once you’ve deposited, you are good to go. Find the golf section on the app, and you can start wagering on upcoming or current tournaments.
Types of apps available
For bettors looking to download a golf gambling app, there are going to be two primary options, where you are Ontario betting or British Columbia betting. These primary options are downloading apps for the iOS system or the Android system.
The iOS and Android systems are two different mobile operating systems that work with different kinds of phones and applications. To be able to use an application, your phone must have the same operating system as the application. So, Android apps don't work with iOS phones, and the same the other way around.
There are some sportsbooks that are available for both Android and iOS, some only available for Android, and some only available for iOS. It largely depends on the sportsbook.
There are several key differences between Android and iOS systems and applications. Let’s look at some of the important differentiators.
Android: Android operating systems work on Google and Android phones, as well as several others. It is the most popular operating system in the world, with Android-based apps found on the Google Play Store, Amazon Appstore, and Samsung Galaxy Store. Android systems are known for being more customizable and open but have slightly worse security than iOS.
iOS: The iOS system is the second most widely circulated system on the planet. It is designed specifically for Apple devices, and users can access applications that are iOS powered on the Apple App Store. The iOS system is famed for its high levels of security and industry-leading interface.
Tips for betting on mobile
There are a lot of things you should consider before you start wagering on mobile devices. Before you download any gambling app, even if it is widely considered the best app for golf betting, here are some tips you should focus on.
- Research Legality. The rules for mobile betting might be different whether you are Alberta betting or Quebec betting. Familiarize yourself with the important rules and regulations depending on where you are.
- Browse Mobile Deals. There are several sportsbooks that offer deals specific to mobile bettors. If this is something that appeals to you, search for sportsbooks with specific mobile promotions.
- Shop for Odds. This is true for all betting sites. Browse sportsbooks to find the ones that offer the most competitive odds on the markets that interest you.
- Know Your System. Know whether you are an Android or iOS user, and base your betting app search on that.
Advantages of using a golf betting app
There are certain benefits that users are sure to find from using a golf betting app. Let’s look at the upside these gambling software options offer.
- Downloadable. A golf betting app can be downloaded directly to users' smartphones. The best free golf apps for iPhone and the best free golf apps for Android don't cost anything but are stored right on users' devices.
- Easily Accessed. Because they are stored on your phone, these apps can easily be accessed and are always available.
- Bet on the Go. The accessibility means bettors can enjoy fast wagering wherever they bring their phones.
- Adaptable. These apps are often adaptable, meaning they adapt and shift to meet your needs. They will often tailor the design and features to your established preferences.
- Built for Mobile Users. Apps are built for mobile, and they look and function incredibly on users’ phones.
What If the Bookmaker Has No App
While a great golf betting app is something every golf gambler would likely seek out, that doesn’t mean it will always be readily available. Golf betting apps are not offered by every sportsbook, and most operators likely won’t have one.
However, just because there is no golf betting app doesn't mean users can't expect a mobile betting experience. That is because nearly every sportsbook in the world has a mobile-optimized website.
A mobile-optimized website is a mobile version of a sportsbook's desktop site. It is optimized to look and function well on a smartphone device and can be accessed through a smartphone browser.
This feature enables users to wager on their smartphone, even if there is no app available.
Comparison between golf betting apps and mobile websites
While mobile websites and apps have a lot in common, there are some crucial differences to be aware of. Let's look at what these two mobile options have in common and where they stand apart.
- Built for Mobile. Both betting apps and mobile websites are designed to accommodate mobile users. They look great and function intuitively on smartphone devices.
- Same Features as Desktop. These mobile sportsbooks will have the same features as desktop sites. Neither betting apps or mobile sites typically have added features.
- Help Bettors Wager on the Go. Both options are designed to enable bettors to wager on their phones from wherever they are.
- Downloadable. While a betting app can be downloaded and saved directly to users' phones, a mobile site can only be accessed through the mobile browser of a user's device.
- Additional Benefits. With a mobile website, there are no differentiating factors from a desktop site. There are some key differences with apps. The biggest is that sportsbooks will often have special bonuses for their app users.
- Widespread. A large difference between these two options is how widespread they are. Almost every sportsbook on the planet has a mobile website. Apps are rarer, as typically only the most established operators have these available.
Best Features for Golf Betting Apps
Golf bettors are all different, and all seek out different options in their betting apps. However, there are certain unifying features that many bettors look for when they seek out a golf gambling app.
Features are the aspects of a sportsbook that define it. They are the different coded-in aspects of an operator that impact how people are able to use it. Let’s look at some of the top features bettors look for in a golf betting app.
- Live Betting: Live betting is a feature that enables bettors to wager on events that have already begun, with odds changing live according to what is happening in the event.
- Boosted Odds: Boosted odds are when sportsbooks alter odds to be more favourable to bettors. For example, bumping Brooks Koepka from +850 to +1100 to win the PGA Championship.
- Crypto Transactions: Crypto transactions are when a sportsbook enables bettors to deposit and withdraw with cryptocurrency. These transactions are often lightning-fast.
- Live Streaming: Live streaming is when an operator allows users to watch events live from their page. Not every sportsbook has this, and the ones that do can only show certain events.
- Stats Page: A Stats page is a page that shows important data and statistics about a sport, event, or league. These can be used to guide a betting strategy.
- Bet Builder: A Bet Builder is a feature that enables users to construct same-event parlays. So bettors could tie together multiple events within the same tournament and even add outside events into that parlay.
Biggest Associations and Tournaments to Know
Golf is a fascinating sport that is entirely different from any other. It is primarily centred around associations and tournaments that host professional golfers who compete for incredible cash prizes.
If you are looking to win big on a golf betting games app, it is important to have familiarity with the key associations and tournaments. Let’s look at some of the major players in the sport that you need to know.
The Key Golf Associations
- The PGA: The PGA Tour is the biggest of the golf associations, a professional league that hosts 47 events a year, including 44 tournaments and three FedEx playoff events. It is where most of the best golfers in the world play, including names like Scottie Scheffler, Jon Rahm, and Rory McIlroy. The PGA’s tournaments are played in the United States and Canada.
- The LPGA: The LPGA is the female version of the PGA Tour. The tournaments have smaller purses, and there are fewer events, but the LPGA is a massively important association that sees the best women golfers in the world go head-to-head in incredible events.
- The PGA European Tour: The PGA European Tour is similar to the PGA Tour, except it takes place in Europe. Athletes can be in both the PGA and European Tour, and one of the four majors is even played in Europe.
- LIV: LIV is the newest major golf association. It is run by the sovereign wealth fund of Saudi Arabia and has poached important golfers like Brooks Koepka and Dustin Johnson from the PGA.
The Biggest Golf Events
- The Masters: The Masters is a Major tournament held in April every year. It is played in Augusta, Georgia, and is always the first Major.
- The U.S Open: The U.S Open is typically held in June. It is a Major tournament that is played at different golf clubs across the country. In 2023, it will be in Los Angeles.
- The PGA Championship: The PGA Championship is a Major tournament that was held in May of 2023. It is a massive tournament that was played in Rochester in 2023.
- The Open Championship: The Open Championship is the final Major, and it is played overseas. It takes place at different coastal links courses around the United Kingdom.
- Ryder Cup: The Ryder Cup is a tournament between American and European golfers held every two years in different locations.
Frequently Asked Questions About Golf Betting Apps
Mobile golf betting should be straightforward and easy, but some might still have lingering questions. We're here to help with the answers to some frequently asked questions about golf betting apps.
Which Golf Tournaments Are the Most Popular for Betting?
The biggest annual events for golf betting are the four Major tournaments in the PGA Tour. These are the events that attract the most viewers and have the biggest payouts, so naturally, there is a lot of action on them.
What Betting Market is the Riskiest for Golf Betting?
There is no single market that is the riskiest, but betting on a golfer to win the tournament is often a risky decision. You will find good odds, but the truth is, you never know who will win any given tournament, and there is little margin for error.
What is Better, a Golf Gambling App or a Mobile Website?
While everyone has their own preferences, in general, most prefer using the best golf betting app compared to mobile websites. Apps can be downloaded, are more immediately accessible, and often have special offerings.
Are There Special Bonuses for Mobile Golf Bettors?
Sometimes! While you won’t find special bonuses on mobile websites, there are mobile apps that often have specific bonuses for their mobile users.
In the age of smartphones, bettors want to have constant access to the action, with mobile betting available right at their fingertips. That is why so many are pursuing golf betting apps. These give bettors a platform where they can wager on their favourite tours and tournaments, enjoy exciting features, and win big betting on the world's premier golfers.