Basketball is one of the most popular sports in the world, with millions of fans tuning in regularly to major leagues like the NBA and NCAA. Naturally, many of these enthusiastic basketball fans love wagering on this exciting game, and sportsbooks across the world offer odds on basketball. Since mobile betting is all the rage, basketball betting apps have become increasingly popular. In this guide, we’re going to break down everything you need to know about basketball betting apps. We’re going to cover what makes a sportsbook the best betting app for basketball, how to use these mobile betting options, and much more. Ready? Let's dive in.
Basketball Betting Apps
Best Betting Sites
What Makes a Basketball Betting App Great?
The reason you've arrived on this page is likely because you are a fan of both basketball and betting and looking to start wagering on a basketball betting app. That’s great! Mobile basketball betting is an absolute blast, and with the ever-increasing popularity of the NBA across Canada, many Canadians are making the same decision. But what makes an app a good one?
There are many things that define whether or not a user will enjoy an app. When we look over different characteristics of a sportsbook and try to determine the best betting app for basketball, there are a lot of considerations we factor. Things like positive experiences for users, safety, and uniqueness are three key aspects that we factor in.
Let’s look at the characteristics of a great mobile basketball betting sportsbook that we believe to be the most integral.
- Safety and Reputation: This should be the first thing bettors look for in an operator. Safety is crucial, so we consider what cybersecurity options a sportsbook provides. Similarly, we believe reputation is important as well. We look at user reviews to make sure that the sportsbook has satisfied customers and honors their payouts.
- Licensing: Licensing is a part of safety, as the license a sportsbook has is a big part of its safety. We look over an operator's license and regulation to ensure that they are a trusted, legal sportsbook that won't scam bettors.
- Basketball Coverage: Basketball coverage is a massive part of a great basketball betting app. We look at the different options a sportsbook provides. Are they an NBA betting app with amazing coverage of the NBA that includes excellent odds and markets? Do they cover the NCAA and other leagues around the world?
- Promotional Offers: Promotions are something a lot of bettors prioritize. Promotions are the different offers a sportsbook has for users that reward them for taking specific actions. Promotions range from free bets to boosted odds, but we check to make sure an operator has a lot of different offers for bettors.
- User Interface: The user interface is a defining component of the user experience. We check to ensure that a sportsbook has a user interface that is easy to navigate and aesthetically appealing. The better the interface, the easier it is for bettors to lose themselves in the action.
- Customer Support: Customer support is incredibly important because problems can crop up on sportsbooks. Having different options for getting in touch with staff and resolving issues is a must, so we look over in detail the support features a sportsbook offers.
Best Basketball Betting Apps by Category
There isn’t one single best NBA betting app or basketball betting app because, at the end of the day, what users will like in a betting app comes down to them. Everyone is unique, and what’s more, every sports betting app is unique.
There isn't one sportsbook that offers the defined best possible experience for bettors. Instead, each betting app has its own strengths and weaknesses, with each standing out in different ways.
Let’s look at basketball betting apps that stand out in specific areas and learn about the top options available to bettors by category.
Best Basketball Betting Markets - Bet99
About: Bet99 is a sportsbook that has entered the Canadian market and taken it by storm. You've likely seen advertisements for it on TV or at bus stops. But what's the lowdown on this Canadian sportsbook? Bet99 was launched in 2019 and is licensed by the Kahnawake Gaming Commission. They sponsor sports icons like Auston Matthews and Georges St. Pierre. But what makes this sportsbook worth using for fans of NBA betting? The answer is easy. This operator has an absolutely massive sportsbook that is a defining reason for their success. This contributes to making them a great basketball betting site because they have an array of options for NBA, NCAA, and international basketball bettors. Their odds are excellent, and most importantly, their markets are outstanding. You can wager on player props, game props, and more. Each NBA game has a host of different markets, giving bettors a near-endless selection of betting options. The website has many live betting options as well, so enjoying this experience in real time is recommended. The features of Bet99 are another aspect of this operator that makes it so user-friendly, and accessing it all from your smartphone device takes the Bet99 experience to the next level.
Likes: I really like how deep the Bet99 sports coverage is. They have some of the best prop options and a solid user experience powered by their features. They also have many deposit options for bettors.
Areas of Improvement: The two areas of improvement I'd key in on if I were Bet99 is their relatively simple website design and the lack of an ability to download their mobile platform.
Best Customer Service on a Basketball Betting App - BetVictor
About: If you want to bet with an operator that has been around the block, you might not find a sportsbook better suited to this than BetVictor. This sportsbook can trace its history back to 1946 England, and it has adapted to be a solid online option that is available to Canadians. While they are licensed and regulated by the U.K Gambling Commission abroad, they are iGaming Ontario licensed in Canada, which goes a long way. There's a lot to love about this sportsbook, but one of the things that has stood out the most about them is their unmatched customer service. BetVictor has 24/7 customer service options, so if you are struggling to use their sportsbook at any point in time, you can get in touch with staff, either through a live chat feature or a phone line. This makes a big difference. Outside of their impeccable customer service, BetVictor has some amazing features. Their bet builder is perfect for basketball bettors that crave customizability, and they are also known for rapid transactions. All-in-all, BetVictor is a top-tier basketball betting app with a lot to offer bettors, and Canadians will also appreciate their high-level security.
Likes: BetVictor has been able to last so long on the market by being innovative, and their features, including boosted odds and bet builder, are a fun aspect of this sportsbook that will keep bettors locked in.
Areas of Improvement: BetVictor isn’t perfect. They could benefit from making their mobile offerings downloadable and offering more transaction options.
Best Basketball Betting User Experience - Betway
About: Betway is a sportsbook that has been available to Canadians for some time now, launching in 2006. In that time, it has become one of the dominant global betting brands, a sportsbook that gives bettors a huge range of options and has a downloadable NBA betting app you can find on the Apple App Store. The area where Betway stands out the most to users is its user experience. There is no question that Betway has one of the top user experiences of any sportsbook, with a sleek, professional-looking website design that is easy to use and fun. They also have a range of features and offers, like Betway Boosts and bet builder options, that contribute to a constant fun user experience. The Betway sportsbook is really deep, and their basketball coverage is excellent. They have all the markets bettors would seek out, including an array of basketball props, which can combine with their bet builder feature for limitless customizability. Overall, Betway is a sportsbook that lacks significant flaws and has an excellent user experience. You don't get as popular as this operator has without being the best, and Betway can certainly stake its claim.
Likes: I like that you can download the Betway app and store it directly on your phone. I also like the sheer depth of the Betway experience and think this is an operator sports betting fans of all kinds will appreciate.
Areas of Improvement: One key area where Betway could stand to make up some ground is offering additional banking options, as they lack some of the unique options competitors provide.
Best Basketball Betting Banking Experience - TonyBet
About: TonyBet is a sportsbook that was first launched in 2011. It is licensed by both UK and Estonian gambling authorities and has been accepting Canadian customers for some time now. TonyBet has been growing year by year since its introduction to the Canadian market, and it now stands out as a top option for basketball bettors. If you're looking for a single area TonyBet separates itself, I would argue that its banking process is the top in mobile gaming. TonyBet accepts transactions on a huge range of different banking methods, including Interac, debit and credit, e-wallets, and even cryptocurrency. Not only that, but the deposit and withdrawal process with TonyBet is very straightforward and efficient, and they honor their payouts quickly. This is important because the banking process shouldn't be a drag, and TonyBet ensures it is pleasant and effective. TonyBet also has a deep sportsbook with significant basketball coverage spanning the globe and plenty of markets. Their odds are competitive, and they offer some fun features that differentiate them from competitors.
Likes: There’s a lot to like about TonyBet’s sportsbook, which has all the leagues and markets basketball fans prioritize. I also like their Forecasts feature, which allows bettors to make free predictions on sporting events to win cash prizes.
Areas of Improvement: There are a few areas TonyBet should look to upgrade. First, they need to make their mobile offerings downloadable. They should also consider improving the website’s design and adding additional promotional offerings.
Best Basketball Betting Offers - PowerPlay
About: For a relative newcomer, PowerPlay seems to have it all figured out. This sportsbook launched in 2018 yet arrived fully formed to the Canadian market with a host of standout aspects that have led to them becoming wildly popular. PowerPlay is licensed in Curacao and legal for Canadian bettors to use. The strong point of PowerPlay is its promotional offerings. Promotions and bonuses give bettors rewards for participating in specific kinds of bets or betting on certain events, and PowerPlay has a lot of options. Not only do they have a huge welcome bonus, but PowerPlay also has bonuses specific to NBA betting and has a range of different kinds of promos that include parlay boosts and free bets. PowerPlay also has substantial sports coverage with many player and game prop options for basketball bettors. They cover the NBA, NCAA, and leagues around the world, so basketball fans should be excited about the breadth of opportunities available. The PowerPlay website looks good and functions well from a smartphone browser, and the security options include 128-Bit SSL so bettors can feel confident their data is safe and secure.
Likes: There’s a lot to like about PowerPlay that we’ve already mentioned, but one area that many bettors will appreciate is their banking options. PowerPlay has a huge array of banking options that even enables crypto transactions. They also have fun specials and virtual bets.
Areas of Improvement: PowerPlay could improve substantially by making their mobile offerings downloadable for bettors. They could also benefit from adding some more features, like odds boosts or bet builders, to diversify the experience.
Bonuses and Promotions on Basketball Betting Apps
One of the things bettors prioritize when searching for sports betting sites to use is promotions and bonuses. These are the different rewards bettors receive for using an operator. Sportsbooks offer an array of different kinds of bonuses that intend to incentivize bettors to take specific actions like registering and depositing or betting on a specific event.
Sportsbooks will often have several permanent bonuses that can be found on their website at any time and several rotating bonuses that shift throughout the year. Often these bonuses are tied to major events like the Super Bowl or NBA Finals because these are times when bettors are most active.
On the top basketball and NBA betting apps, you’ll be able to access all the same bonuses and promotions on a sportsbook that you would be able to on their desktop version. In fact, some basketball betting apps will even offer additional bonuses to mobile users to try and incentivize bettors to download their mobile offerings.
Let’s look at some of the different bonuses and promotions that you are likely to find on many of the best basketball betting apps.
- Welcome Bonus: A Welcome Bonus is an offer a sportsbook provides that is a reward for users signing up. Typically, this bonus will give users a matched deposit reward. That means they’ll match the user’s first deposit up to a certain amount in bet credits.
- Reload Bonus: Reload bonuses are when sportsbooks reward bettors for reloading or depositing in their accounts. Typically, this bonus is available on specific days, and it comes in the form of a matched deposit.
- Free Bet: Free Bets are when a sportsbook offers bettors risk-free bets. What that means is that bettors will stake a bet on something, and if the bet hits, the bettors get to keep the payout, but if the bet doesn’t hit, the bettor doesn’t lose any of their money.
- Parlay Boost: Parlays are a type of bet many sports bettors enjoy, where multiple bets are tied into one bet. Parlay boosts reward bettors for winning parlays, with particular rewards going to bigger parlays. These are often paid off as an additional percentage of the winnings.
- Loyalty Bonuses: Loyalty bonuses are rewards for bettors that have been using a sportsbook for a while. Typically, bettors will get points for every bet they make, and the points can be exchanged for cash prizes.
- You Lead, You Win: A You Lead, You Win bonus is a type of bonus that pays a bet off as a win as soon as a team a bettor has bet on is winning by a certain margin. If they then go on to lose, the bet still counts.
Banking Methods Available on Basketball Betting Apps
One of the important steps to begin sports betting is going through the banking process. This is when bettors fill their sports betting accounts by depositing funds into their accounts. If you find success on basketball betting apps or simply want to pull your funds out, you're going to want to withdraw funds. This is a standard part of the basketball betting experience.
Some bettors feel slightly anxious when it comes time to fund their sports betting accounts. It is good to be cautious because if you are careless with your personal or payment information, you can very quickly lose your money. However, if you are using a licensed and secure basketball betting app, this is not something you'll have to worry about. Most have top-of-the-line cybersecurity to protect the payment information of their users.
Typically, sportsbooks will offer several different options to their users to help make the deposit and withdrawal process easy. On the average basketball betting app, you can find all the same offers on the mobile version that you’d find on the desktop site.
The deposit method you choose will depend on your own specific preference, as each has different deposit limits and transaction times. There are several options that are most popular amongst Canadian bettors; let's look at the most standard options available across NBA betting apps.
- Credit/Debit: Most bettors will make transactions with their credit or debit cards because this is something nearly everyone has, and it is available on the vast majority of sportsbooks.
- E-Wallet: An E-Wallet is a digital wallet. Bettors store currency in it and then can pull from that virtual wallet and add it to their betting account. These have rapid transactions because they don't require credit card companies or banks to oversee them.
- Cryptocurrency: Cryptocurrency is a major trend right now, and many sportsbooks allow bettors to use crypto for their sports betting. Bettors can use established cryptocurrencies like Bitcoin, Ethereum, and Litecoin and benefit from rapid transactions.
- Interac: Interac is a very popular option for Canadians, as it allows bettors to deposit from their phones. It uses online banking, and bettors can simply send money from their e-transfer to the sportsbook and watch it hit their account.
- Miscellaneous: Sportsbooks will also accept miscellaneous other forms of payment like Apple Pay, PayPal, and bank wire transfers.
How to deposit on a basketball app
Below are the steps needed to deposit with a basketball betting app.
- Step One: Create an account with the sportsbook and click the Deposit tab.
- Step Two: Select your payment method and input how much you want to deposit. Don’t bet above your means!
- Step Three: Input your payment details for the deposit option selected, and click Place Deposit.
- Step Four: The money should arrive in your account.
Types of Bets on Basketball Apps
We’ve given you some insight into basketball betting apps, including breakdowns of how you can fund your account and the different promotional offers you are likely to find on the best betting app for basketball. But the real reason most people seek out a betting app for basketball is that they love the game of basketball and want to start wagering on it from their phones. A big part of your experience will be dependent on the types of bets available on basketball apps.
There are a lot of different markets that pertain to basketball, as well as different types of bets. Markets are the unique outcomes within a game or league that gamblers are wagering on. They are the different things bettors place their money on to either occur or not occur. Types of bets are the unique ways of betting that a sportsbook provides.
Let’s look at some of the different types of bets you can make on popular basketball betting apps.
- Moneyline: Moneyline is a bet on the direct outcome of a game. For example, if the Toronto Raptors play the Chicago Bulls and you bet the Raptors on the Moneyline, you’ve picked them to win.
- Point Spread: The Point Spread is the projected score differential in a game in favor of one team. Bettors can pick for the spread, meaning the favored team exceeds their differential, or against it, meaning they don’t. For example, if the Bucks are playing the Wizards and are favored -6.5, the Bucks need to win by seven or more to cover the spread.
- Totals: Totals are the combined projected total number of points scored in a game, which bettors can choose to bet the over or under. Over means the teams combine to exceed the line, while under means they don't combine to exceed the line.
- Futures: Futures are long-term bets within the league that aren’t settled within a day. Some typical future bets would be which team will win the NBA championship or which player will win MVP.
- Game Props: Game Props are outcomes within a game bettors can wager on that are not necessarily tied to the final score. This is the most expansive kind of betting option, as there are countless different props. Some game prop examples could include which team will lead after the first quarter, how many three-pointers two teams will combine for, and so on.
- Player Props: Player Props are like game props but with individuals instead of teams. Bettors can wager on individual players' performances. These can be things like which player will score the first basket and whether or not Steph Curry will score more than 28.5 points in a game.
- Parlays: Parlays are a type of bet where multiple different bets are tied into a single bet. Each different bet needs to hit for the parlay to cash, and the more bets are in the parlay, the more the odds are multiplied.
- Live Betting: Live betting is when bettors wager on games that have already tipped off. A machine learning algorithm updates the odds as the game is played, so if a team goes on a 12-0 scoring run, their odds of winning will naturally increase.
NBA Betting Odds
Odds are the lines sportsbooks provide to show users the projected likelihood of an event occurring and how much bettors would receive if that event occurred. Odds are essentially the numbers that dictate sports betting, and you need to understand them to succeed.
The most common form of odds Canadians use is called American odds. These odds show you how much you'd need to bet to make a $100 profit or how much profit a $100 bet would make you.
- bets show you how much you'd need to bet to make a $100 profit. If something is -300, you'd need to bet $300 to make a $100 profit. + bets show you how much profit a $100 bet would make you. If something is +300, a $100 bet earns you a $300 profit.
Every website has different odds. Some are considered more competitive than others. This means these odds are more favorable to bettors, with more juice for gamblers to find an edge. If you want to find the best odds, looking around at different operators I a must. Each sportsbook has different odds, so compared odds on an event you want to bet on and find the website with the highest potential payout for you.
How to Use a Basketball Betting App
If all this information is appealing to you, you’re probably feeling ready to get started. That’s great! Basketball betting apps are an amazing part of a sports betting journey and wagering on NBA and NCAA games from your phone is an experience beloved by Canadians across the country.
Getting started with your basketball betting experience is something that shouldn't take long and will provide you with a lot of enjoyment. Below, we'll break down some quick and easy steps to getting an NBA betting app downloaded onto your phone.
- Step One: Do Your Research. Before you download anything, it is important to do your research. Look at the different sports betting apps that are available, and find one that has all the features and basketball coverage you need. Read their reviews, and decide whether you want to proceed.
- Step Two: Visit the App or Google Play Store. Depending on the device you are using, visit the Apple App Store or Google Play Store. Search the name of the app, and tap download.
- Step Three: Create an Account. You will need to register on the app and create your account. This requires personal details like your contact information and address.
- Step Four: Deposit in Your Account. Once you’ve created your account, you’ll need to deposit into it to have funds for betting.
- Step Five: Begin Betting. You should now be ready to wager on NCAA and NBA action from your phone!
Types of apps available
There are two primary operating device options for downloading a basketball betting app. These are the operating systems that power the vast majority of global smartphone devices and have billions of users around the world. The two operating systems are Apple's iOS and the Android system.
The iOS system powers Apple devices, including iPhones and tablets. This system is highly regarded for having the best cybersecurity, with very limited risk to users and a clean interface.
The Android operating system powers Samsung and Google devices and is the most commonly used smartphone operating system in the world. It is more customizable than the iOS system, meaning users can make changes to the system, while Apple's system is more rigid.
Depending on what operating system you use, you will have to download your basketball betting apps from different places. The iOS system has apps that can be downloaded from the Apple App Store, while the Android system has apps downloaded from the Google Play Store.
Some basketball betting apps are only available for iOS users, others are only available for Android users, and others are available for both. The actual difference between using an Android app or an iOS app of the same sportsbook is not perceptible to the average bettor.
Tips for betting on the phone
While there are many ways to benefit from mobile betting, not every user has the experience with mobile betting to know the tips for getting started. Luckily, we’ve got you covered with some tips for betting on basketball from your phone.
- Place Live Basketball Wagers: One of the reasons sports betting from your phone is so immersive is that it allows you to wager in real time from anywhere. Live betting from your phone helps bettors take maximum advantage of that.
- Find a Mobile Sportsbook with Live Streaming: Not every operator has live streaming, which is a feature that enables bettors to watch games from the website. And the ones that have it likely won’t live stream NBA games. But there are operators that enable bettors to stream basketball action directly from their phones.
- Shop for Odds: It is a good idea to shop for odds before making a bet. That means looking around at other sportsbooks’ odds for the same line. This will help you know where the best odds can be found.
- Try Multiple Sportsbooks: Don’t just settle on a single operator. Try using several different sportsbooks to find out which one you like the most. You’ll also benefit from getting multiple welcome offers.
Advantages of using a basketball betting app
- Downloadable: The benefit of a basketball betting app is that you can download it and store it directly on your phone.
- Fast: Having an app on your phone makes it faster and easier to access the sportsbook you want to use. The faster you can access your betting site, the more quickly you can throw down live bets.
- Immersive: Basketball betting apps offer an immersive experience for bettors, where they can enjoy a sportsbook specifically designed for the mobile experience.
What to Do If a Bookmaker Doesn’t Have an App
Not every sportsbook has basketball betting apps available to their users. A basketball betting app is an excellent part of a great sports betting experience; however, many operators either can't or don't provide this. For some, NBA betting apps are an absolute must. But there are other bettors that don't care about an app as long as they are still able to place bets from their phone.
So how does a sportsbook enable users to mobile bet if they don't have a downloadable app? The answer is a mobile-optimized website. Mobile-optimized websites are versions of a sportsbook that are specifically created to look and function well on a mobile browser. These mobile versions of a betting site can be accessed through users' phones and provide a very similar experience to an app.
Mobile websites offer all the same features, payment options, and coverage that desktop versions do. Just about every operator has a mobile-optimized website, even if they have an app. The mobile website can’t be downloaded, but there are ways for bettors to bookmark a link to the website to a bettor's home screen.
Even if the user experience is very similar to a mobile website and a basketball betting app, there are still some key differences. Sportsbooks and betting apps are not exactly the same things, and there are some reasons that many bettors prefer to bet with mobile apps.
Comparison between basketball betting apps and mobile-optimized betting
Let’s look at some of the defining differences and crucial similarities between a mobile-optimized website and a basketball betting app.
- Betting apps can be downloaded from the App or Google Play Store
- Betting Apps often have bonuses specific to users that download the mobile app
- Mobile websites are accessed through phone browsers
- Mobile websites don’t have specific bonuses for mobile users
- The actual interface looks very similar on both mobile sites and apps
- Both offer the entire suite of features and payment options that you’ll find on a standard sportsbook
Download vs. No Download
The key difference between a mobile betting site and a betting app is that betting apps get downloaded onto users’ phones. They access them from the Apple App Store or Google Play Store, and the app is downloaded directly to their home screen, where it is stored. With mobile websites, you simply enter the name of the betting site in the web browser you are using.
The upside to this for betting site users is that downloading an app makes it more accessible. Bettors can store the sportsbook directly on their phones and use it as they please.
The downside is that a lot of users don’t have space on their phones and don’t want to add something that eats up space. However, most mobile sportsbooks aren’t huge apps, so they won’t take up a lot of space on your phone.
What you consider to be the best betting app for basketball is largely dependent on your own individual preferences. Every sportsbook is different, with embedded aspects that define how the user experiences them. Those significant embedded aspects are known as the features.
Every sportsbook has different features. These are inherent traits that dictate how they can be used and what bettors can do on their betting sites. Features can range from something small to a huge part of what an operator offers.
If you want to find a betting app that offers the optimal possible experience, features are a crucial consideration. The different features available on a sportsbook dictate what you can and can’t do, and for many bettors, it is the thing they look at most before wagering on an NBA betting app. Finding an operator that has the embedded features you want is important because features rarely change.
Let’s look at some of the most significant features that bettors should seek out with basketball betting apps.
- Live Betting: Live betting is a feature that is absolutely essential for betting apps. This is a feature that allows users to wager on games that are already underway, with the odds automatically updating according to what is going on in the game. Every betting site should have live betting features.
- Live Streaming: Live streaming is a feature that allows users to watch sporting events directly from the betting app. Sportsbooks will cover specific events and have a pop-up window that shows the game in real time. Most basketball betting apps won't have NBA live streaming, but many have European leagues streamed.
- Boosted Odds: Boosted odds are when a sportsbook takes specific odds and slants them to be in favor of bettors. For example, if the Bulls are +105 against the Kings, a sportsbook could boost those odds to +150 to create a higher potential payout.
- Bet Builder: The bet builder feature is one that many sports bettors love. Bet builders allow bettors to craft customized same-game parlay bets. Bettors can combine multiple odds from the same game or other games into a flexible parlay bet.
- Crypto Transactions: Crypto transactions are an important feature for bettors that love cryptocurrency. This feature enables bettors to deposit, withdraw, and wager with crypto.
- Stats Page: The Stats page is something many sportsbooks offer. It is a page that shows statistics and information for bettors, showing data on recent team and player performance to help guide their next bet.
Where to Bet on Basketball
Basketball has become increasingly popular over the past several years as the sport has gone global. Now, it is the second-most popular sport on the planet, behind only soccer. Bettors have an abundance of options for betting on basketball, as there are leagues spanning the globe. However, there are some leagues that are much more likely to appeal to the typical Canadian.
Let’s take a brief look at four of the most popular options for basketball bettors.
- NBA: The National Basketball Association is the biggest and best basketball league in the world and features top athletes like Luka Doncic, LeBron James, and Stephen Curry. There are 30 NBA teams that compete across an 82-game regular season before the playoffs begin and the quest to reach the Finals kicks off. NBA betting coverage is the most substantial of any league, with dozens of markets and lines for every game.
- NCAA: In the US and Canada, the NCAA is the second-most popular league for basketball fans. This league features college athletes who are the next generation of NBA superstars. There are more than 350 Division-1 basketball teams that compete in the NCAA, with the top 64 earning a spot in March Madness, the single-elimination tournament that is one of the biggest events of the year for bettors.
- WNBA: The WNBA is a league that has grown in popularity every year and is composed of the best female basketball players in the world. These players are spread across 12 teams that battle for a chance to make the playoffs. With elite players like Breanna Stewart, A'ja Wilson, and Jonquel Jones, there is a ton of high-level talent on display here. Most sportsbooks offer WNBA markets.
- Euroleague: Basketball is incredibly impressive in Europe, and the Euroleague is European basketball's biggest event. It features many of the top teams from countries like France, Serbia, Germany, and Spain competing in basketball competitions. It is a league that determines which of the European club teams is the top in the world, and typically there are 18 teams that compete. Nearly every sportsbook will have Euroleague coverage.
Key Dates for the NBA 2022/23 season
Let’s look at some of the important dates to be aware of if you are hoping to use NBA betting apps to wager on the world’s biggest basketball league.
- October 18th: Season begins
- February 17th-19th: NBA All-Star Weekend
- April 11th-14th: Play-In Tournament
- April 15th: Playoffs Begin
- June 1st: NBA Finals start
Frequently Asked Questions About Basketball Betting Apps
Is There a Single Best Basketball Betting App?
What you consider to be the best app might not be the same as another person. There are many different kinds of betting apps, each offering something different to users. To have the best experience, find the ones that work best for you.
Do All Betting Apps Offer Player Props?
No. Not all sportsbooks offer player props or basketball player props. However, basketball is one of the sports where it is most common to find player prop betting options, so there is a good chance you will be able to find prop options for the NBA or major NCAA matchups.
What Is the Most Important Feature of a Betting App?
For many bettors, the defining feature of a great betting app experience is live betting. Live betting allows bettors to wager on games that are already underway. Betting apps are great because they are real-time, on-the-go ways to bet, and live betting with a betting app takes that experience to the next level.
What is the Best Basketball Experience for Betting?
For basketball fans and bettors, no event can match the sheer stakes and drama of March Madness. With 64 teams competing in a massive tournament that takes place over the course of more than a week, it is a betting extravaganza with a constant flow of games.
Do All Sportsbooks Cover Basketball and the Top Leagues?
Just about every sportsbook on the planet will cover basketball, and particularly the NBA. For secondary leagues, most offer coverage as well; however, there are some that don't.
Basketball is one of the most popular sports in the world for both fans and bettors. It is a hugely popular game that is played on every continent, and it is only growing. Bettors have a lot of leagues that they pay attention to, and wagering on basketball is one of the top ways to bet. To have the most enjoyable possible basketball betting experience, many bettors use basketball betting apps.
These are mobile, downloadable versions of a sportsbook that enable bettors to wager on basketball games from their phones. They are specifically designed to look good and function well on users' smartphone devices, and they have become one of the most popular methods of betting in recent years as smartphone betting grows.
Wagering on basketball action from your phone, whether it is the NBA, NCAA, WNBA, or Euroleague, is an excellent experience for sports bettors. It allows them to get in on the action on one of the fastest-paced games on the planet and bet from wherever they are. Smartphone gambling is only growing, and basketball betting apps are one of the most popular forms of this kind of wagering.
Cameron Kozinets is a 2020 graduate from the University of Southern California’s Journalism program. He is an avid sports fan and bettor, whose favorite teams include the Toronto Raptors, and the Chicago Bears. Cameron has been writing about and following sports since the age of 10, when he first fell in love with the NFL and NBA.